Horizon Havana

bluey258

We had 5205 interior and 5207 cabana. Perfect location for less traffic in front of the cabana. We were also far enough from the bands in ocean Plaza or Havana. The square interior is a hidden gem. No noise and seems better laid out for space. 

5 hours ago, Thenagers said:

We had 5205 interior and 5207 cabana. Perfect location for less traffic in front of the cabana. We were also far enough from the bands in ocean Plaza or Havana. The square interior is a hidden gem. No noise and seems better laid out for space. 

Was in 5205 twice.  They are sideways cabins, not square ones.   An example of the square cabins on the Vista Class would be on deck two, in 2505, 2507 or 2509.  Or up on deck eight in 8473-75-77-79-81.

13 hours ago, Thenagers said:

5207 IMO is the best cabana location wise, and the one DW and I try to get.

It is not on the end and not directly in the center.  I believe that it was one off from the center as you can guess from the Havana area picture which would be center.   The balcony is larger than shown.  There is a full size lounger that is behind where I was taking the picture.  Our door was at the end of the hall.  There is a short hallway that goes to the end with maybe a room.  I looked in the room next to the hallway on debarkation day when the door was open.  Boy, was that room small.

There is a good size step up into the bathroom.  I had to be very careful of going in and out, but no accidents so it was manageable.

Keep the curtains closed when not using them for the view.  It helps with the AC.  I have read reports of Horizon having hot spots.  This room was good, but we kept the curtains closed when not looking out.  That helps with AC more than people realize.

No noise problems at all.  One deck up to the buffet area.  You will love this room.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:28 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

5205 and 5208, which are the two sideways cabins in the Havana area are the furthest away from the bandstand.  As a matter of fact they are right behind the elevators and we never had any problems whatsoever.  The sideways layout of the cabin gave us more useful room than the standard inside cabin.

I was in 5208 and it was probably the best inside cabin I have ever been in. I loved the shape. And it was so close to the Havana area.

19 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

I was in 5208 and it was probably the best inside cabin I have ever been in. I loved the shape. And it was so close to the Havana area.

Could not agree more.  Unfortunately, we now need a HC cabin and there are no inside HC available on any of the Vista Class ships in the Havana area.

Those two cabins have more useful space than a regular inside since the back of the bed is on the long wall instead of the short wall.  It makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 2:11 PM, UPNYGuy said:

this is correct. Also, the Havana suites are NOT worth it. They are right by the band stand, and you hear the music. IMO 5207 is in the best spot. You cannot hear the goings on in the bar, and don’t have any obstructions in the glass. That is the cabin DW and I try to book. 

IIRC, the cabin directly on the other side (port side, this cabin is starboard) has a fire hose box in front of it. We ended up there on Panorama and would have booked 5207 if it were available. 

A1697C40-517E-4186-9F04-AD6B9C669AD7.jpeg

DFD04969-D689-47B2-AFB0-723A8F4813B8.jpeg

Will be in this very cabin April 15th.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 7:44 PM, eltigre said:

Going soon on the Panorama in 5202. Thoughts please on location?

We stayed in 5202 twice, once on Vista and once on Horizon. We loved it!  You are at the end (farthest from the pool area) and hardly anybody walking by as we were the last Havana balcony. 

On 1/23/2023 at 3:16 PM, UPNYGuy said:

be careful what inside cabins you book, as some are next to the Havana bar, and you can hear the band, music. 

While this is true to a degree, it isn't very bothersome IMO.  We've done Havana Insides 2x and never found it too loud.  We're typically are awake until midnight, which is when they close the music down anyway.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 8:57 PM, HI IM KYLE said:

Glad you booked deck 9. I think the cover above is really underrated. We went in August, and it was nice being in the shade while being on the balcony. Everybody else below us was in the sun all the time. Never had to worry about soot. I can't remember the exact room but we were smack dab in the middle. I think the Havana area is the best part of the ship. Enjoy!  

Reviving this post!  We are booked in a Deck 9 aft in a few months (for the shade!) and I'm getting concerned about possible sleep issues from vibrations.  Looked to keep Havana access by upgrading to Grand Suite midship but they are sold out that week.  Did you notice much vibration in this cabin while traveling?  I know there will be some when docking or leaving but my worry is related to being able to sleep!  Thanks!