Some MSC Virtuosa Yacht Club queries - movies, room service

talljules1

Hi all

A few random questions. We're sailing on Virtuosa out of Southampton in June in YC.

1. Are the movies on the TV in the room included, or are the pay per view? If the latter, any idea how much? Are there TV channels in English?

2. Does anyone have a recent YC room service menu?

3. Do they have clamato on the ship? (If my memory of our last YC cruise is right, the answer is no)

(None of these things are deal breakers - which is good because we have paid our final balance lol - am just curious)

oooo - and how do they do muster drill now?  Do you have to go watch a presentation at your station, or do you watch something on your room TV and then go sign in at your muster station? (And do you have to take life jackets?)

Answers:

1.  You pay for movies, not sure how much because I'm not going to pay for a movie in 2023 🙂

2.  Google it; they YC menus are the same throughout the system and are very, very limited

3.  NO Clamato (insert gagging face here, but to each his own)

4.  Muster is done via an in cabin video, you then have to ring a specified phone number to let them know you've seen it, THEN you have to go in person to your muster station to get your card scanned.  You do NOT need to take life jacket.

• Like 1

I'll add onto the previous comment. On our Grandiosa cruise a couple of weeks ago, movies were 9 euros each to watch - not worth it at all! If I remember correctly, there were only two or three English channels, one being CNBC and the other(s) being UK news channels.

Hi,

We are in YC on Virtuosa right now (but sadly only until Friday).

- Pay per view movies are 9 Euros a shot.

- BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Sky News are the English TV channels.

- I had to google clamato.  I really hope that it tasted a whole lot better than it sounds, because I'm not sure I've ever heard of a drink that sounds more unpleasant.  Short answer: I've not seen it in the YC and I don't think I would ever want to see it anywhere!

- Muster is exactly as Morgsmom said above.

- YC Room Service menu is attached.

Enjoy your cruise.  The ship is beautiful, YC is fantastic and the staff are wonderful.

QR_DD_YC-ROOM-SERVICE_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1674571051.pdf

• Like 2