Cruise ship as overnight hotel in Dubai.

wcook

I’ve noticed several cruises to Dubai park overnight, sometimes even for a couple nights, to give people lots of time to explore Dubai. How concurrent is the cruise port as a location in Dubai. Is it easy enough to go back and forth from the ship to the main sights? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 8:34 AM, 40yearcruiser said:

If anyone has been to Dubai cruise port recently please post any information and experiences you have had about the port and how to access various sites around the city without taking a ship excursion. Also, which terminal does MSC use when docked overnight?

If it is the MSC World Europa then it will be Port Rashid as it’s too big for the new Dubai Harbour terminal.. I was over that side of the city on Saturday and it was docked at the Port Rashid Cruise Terminal…

Anne

On 1/24/2023 at 3:59 PM, HARRIS40 said:

Do you know if the cruise company provide the visas for Dubai for uk citizens as we are onboard overnight in March as a world cruise segment, many thanks.

British citizens do not need pre-arranged visas they are part of the visa waiver scheme which grants tourist visa on arrival to nationals of a whole list of countries, the UK being one of them…

Anne..

Edited by Jayayeff

On 2/21/2023 at 2:56 AM, Jayayeff said:

If it is the MSC World Europa then it will be Port Rashid as it’s too big for the new Dubai Harbour terminal.. I was over that side of the city on Saturday and it was docked at the Port Rashid Cruise Terminal…

Anne

Hi Anne,

I can't find the exact info online yet.

Would you happen to know whether Oceania cruise lines would use Port Rashid or Dubai Harbour ?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Hi Anne,

I can't find the exact info online yet.

Would you happen to know whether Oceania cruise lines would use Port Rashid or Dubai Harbour ?

Thanks.

In November when the Nautica was here the ship was docked in Port Rashid.  I had friends on that sailing and met up with, and dropped them off later in the day at the cruise terminal there…

Anne 

On 2/20/2023 at 2:58 AM, TrustyJ said:

Costa Toscana usually docks at Port Rashid.  Al Ghubaiba Metro Station is nearby and can take you to quite a bit of Dubai.  This is the MGrn rail line.  

Thank you for the reply. Is it walkable from Port Rashid to the metro station? If not, are taxis or shuttles available between the port and metro station and back? We will be embarking the MSC World Europa in Dubai and overnighting there after embarkation and will want to do some sightseeing on the day we have in port.

On 2/20/2023 at 2:00 PM, Jayayeff said:

British citizens do not need pre-arranged visas they are part of the visa waiver scheme which grants tourist visa on arrival to nationals of a whole list of countries, the UK being one of them…

Anne..

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2023 at 11:02 PM, Jayayeff said:

In November when the Nautica was here the ship was docked in Port Rashid.  I had friends on that sailing and met up with, and dropped them off later in the day at the cruise terminal there…

Anne 

Thank you for all the helpful information.

We wanted to ask if you have any insight into Hotel Indigo or Gevora Hotel and if so could you tell us

if either one is close to the Metro and Restaurants? How what are the reviews for these hotels?