Constellation transatlantic April 28th

wingsrcl

Beav, I gotta know...where did you find that photo? I actually think I've cruised with the woman on the right. (No, I'm not kidding!) I'll tell you STORIES over a cocktail (one of your free ones from being the new aft listmaster!;) No. boys, that's NOT as dirty as it sounds!)

Andrew

When I was browsing the used section at Keezer's, there was one marked "Blazerboy - Prom 1997". Wasn't that the year you finished high school?

We settled for nice new ones, however I considered a black dress worn at this year's Hasty Pudding Awards... but my legs (yes, the priceless ones) are longer than Halle Berry's HA!

I will also be sporting a tux from that venerable Cambridge institution. My husbear and I will be spending the night before the cruise at the aiport Hilton or Marriot (i'm still not sure. after 17 years together, he makes plans and I just sort of smile and go along.) I am so looking forward to meeting you all. Preferably at the Martini bar. (I have just downed 5 cosmos) Hopefully, there will be other "girl drink drunks" in attendance. Blazerboy, Marion? Did you have a horsey growing up? Or were you meeting friends at the Tack Room for smart cocktails at seven years old? Marion may have changed since you left. It's now populated with world weary Taber Academy students who smoke and have charge cards at age fourteen. It might not be the same smalll town that you left.

Hi Guys:

It just brings a smile to my face to think that two weeks from today I will have already met most of you (mostly at dinner) and will be downing my umth cosmo at the martini bar (don't know how many considering that I will have had some before dinner too).

I can't believe that we are only two weeks away. Seems like I booked the cruise months ago and I only did it the last week of March.

Andrew: Looks like you have some stories to tell. Funny ones I mean.;)

Ruy: Glad to see that you have already arranged for the transfer to the pier. $69 does sound like a very good deal from JFK to Bayonne. Last year, we paid $85 from La Guardia to the Manhattan pier and I thought that was a bargain compared to other quotes that we received for as much as $300!

Regards To All,

Juan

PS I am sure that Bryan and Roger are having a great time.

Hi all, cruise has been fun. today is first day of good weather. we are in st. thomas. there have been three FOD parties so far. And only 6 of us willing to show up. SAD.

Our table is 426 not near a bus station but on main floor kinda central. we can see anyone coming down the stair case. I greesed the guy';s hand for that table and he was nice about it

also. there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO open seating on the first night. Assigned tables only. so not to worry.

ok that is it for now. looking forward to meeting y'all.

bryan and roger:D

Thanks for arranging the table for us. Now you should start interviewing good looking waiters and busboys. I'm sure that will take another week to complete. We will be happy to contribute to the palm greasing proccess.

Now we should start our own list here, I'm adding what I can find so far:

Ruy and Dennis - Amesbury - MA

John and Rob - Indianapolis - IN

Bryan and Roger - New York and U.K.

Frank and Norm - Santa Barbara - CA

Steven and David - Plymouth - MA

Francois - Ottawa - Canada

Juan - Miami - FL

Brian and Gary - CA

Andrew and Ed - CA

Wim and couple from South Africa (names ?)

I know there are some more on the regular board and they haven't found their way here, BEAV maybe you can guide them this way! ... I think 20 is a good start.

Hi Ruy It's J and Mikey from Jersey. We're wishing you all a Happy Easter or Passover (as the case may be.) Spending part of the afternoon watching "Titanic" and resting off a splendid brunch with my sister and family and friends. Should we bring the professional grade binoculars to be on watch for an unwanted ice delivery (a case in which you COULD overchill the martini glasses.) We will volunteer to keep a lookout from 8055. Late seating for Dinner BTW.

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

We had a wonderful afternoon with friends and we can barely move after so much food and wine! I added two more names to our list as requested.

Juan - Miami - FL

Brian and Gary - CA

Andrew and Ed - CA

J and Mikey - NJ

Steven and David- No, I'm pretty used to Modern-day Marion...two brothers still own houses there...funny that those Tabor kids haven't changed that much over the years- all my brothers went there- I "escaped" to Southboro. In my day, for day students, it was Boston Whalers (commuting to school by boat was SO MUCH cooler:rolleyes: ) and house accounts at the Sports Shop, General Store, and Marty Sullivan's. Preppy Brats don't change much! (But we eventually learn to make fun of ourselves....;) )

And Ruy, the only reason that it say 1997 on my old tux is that I was a quick study, and graduated early...I'm really class of 2000, and will be having my 24th birthday on board.... (and if you believe THAT one....I've got some silver mines for you to invest in...:eek: )

Andrew

Blazerboy, I'm sure you were never a preppy brat. Can't wait to meet you on board. You seem to not only have a sense of humor but a sense of graciousness. Still, I do find Marion disconcerting. It's the only place you can see a 6 year old in a tweed skirt, twin set, pearls and sensible low heel pumps. The little girls look even more bizarre.

"It's the only place you can see a 6 year old in a tweed skirt, twin set, pearls and sensible low heel pumps. "

David and Steven: I'm not having a hard time picturing Andrew as a 6 year old, but the low heel pumps are not his style. ;) as far as his sense of graciousness we will find out more as he handles that Grand Staircase. After all his work on the main cruise critic board, it will be so hard to find him, you might want to make a reservation now. I made my appointment with Andrew months ago. Friday at 530pm as we pass the Verrazano Bridge.

Did you guys watch the marathon ?

Steven and David- No, I'm pretty used to Modern-day Marion...two brothers still own houses there...funny that those Tabor kids haven't changed that much over the years- all my brothers went there- I "escaped" to Southboro. In my day, for day students, it was Boston Whalers (commuting to school by boat was SO MUCH cooler:rolleyes: ) and house accounts at the Sports Shop, General Store, and Marty Sullivan's. Preppy Brats don't change much! (But we eventually learn to make fun of ourselves....;) )

And Ruy, the only reason that it say 1997 on my old tux is that I was a quick study, and graduated early...I'm really class of 2000, and will be having my 24th birthday on board.... (and if you believe THAT one....I've got some silver mines for you to invest in...:eek: )

Andrew

Andrew,

I know you are class of 2000, I remember wanting to take you to the prom but my mother wouldn't let me, she wanted me to take Ed. You took each other and I ended up going alone. As for the silver mines, as long as it glitters I might be interested. It will go well with the ocean view property BEAV is trying to sell me in Iowa.

It's the only place you can see a 6 year old in a tweed skirt, twin set, pearls and sensible low heel pumps.
Ah, that's what happens- some place is seen as desirable, and then the Martha Stewart clones move in and try to make it "precious!":rolleyes: Marion never used to be like Greenwich/Edgartown, but darned if the newcomers don't want to make it that way!:( (O.k., that was only a slight dig...)

The little girls look even more bizarre.
As for that, there was a bumper crop of us when I was growing up there-five gay boys among the three of families with whom we were friends...maybe there is something about the water....that, or the dishy launchboy at the yacht club...:D

Enough of small New England towns, and back to the cruise....

There's also:

Bob & Barry, Staten Island

Todd, Atlanta (if he's still coming)

Floris, Bay Area, CA (if he's still coming)

Eric, P-town, (was signed up, cancelled, but said he might surprise us....)

(He's one of the aforementioned friends from Marion, and yes, he DID go to Tabor...)

Andrew

My first year of College introduced me to a facinating microcosm of preppy types. I have to admit that I really liked many (but not a short few) of the various characters .) Never attended a school in New England but my best friend (back then) was a Hotchkiss grad. In contemporary times, I often marvel (but most often disagree) with many of those same types that I went to classes with those many years ago. The point is: we are all entitled to our opinion. This group on the Constellation will be a wonderfullly fun time to meet new people (some with similar circumstances-others as opposite as could seemingly be.) It will be a great learning experience that I wecome and can't wait to meet you all....

One more update as per Andrew's additions. I didn't add the "maybe" folks.

Juan - Miami - FL

Brian and Gary - CA

Andrew and Ed - CA

J and Mikey - NJ

Bob and Barry - Staten Island - NY

Morning boyz,

Anyone started packing yet? I know, stupid question in THIS group!!

Has anyone surfed over to the "regular" roll call board? They're talking tiaras, beer balls and pinkies. For a minute there, I thought I was on the gay board! :D

Archived