Constellation transatlantic April 28th

wingsrcl

The cruise was good and fun. 3 or 4 FOD parties. Couple of things guys:

1. Ryan the Mat'd is looking forward to us at the table.

2. Cirque-de Soleil is on the ship. sooooooooooooo

3. they have a white party where they ask everyone to wear white. Some wear robes even, and some no white at all.

4. and they ask you to wear masks for the party. does not have to be white.

5. on sail day, we go to our assigned table. no open seating.

6. the fastest boarding ever. less than 10 minutes.

ok now the bad part. there was a comedian, Louis Johnson, :( and we caught bits of his act twice. Several anti gay jokes. I am letting Celebrity know of my anger about that. But that was the only down thing.

That's all I can think of right now. So off to P-town friday and back next week. See you guys.

Bryan and Roger

should unpack i guess. Roger walks in and starts unpacking in the elevator. I wait till i have to leave again to unpack. He is so good. :D

Don't worry, J/Mikey- I'm a recovering preppy- I mostly only revert to type to make fun of myself!:D Living in California for almost 20 years takes a little of the edge off, I hope.:o

Beav! Wine is all that is packed, but the "walk-in packing room" (otherwise known ad the den) is in full outfit selection mode! This weekend is the final assault!

Oh, and Eric from P-town just moved back into the "no" column. Too bad, cause he's cute, single, and I wanted to fix him up on the high seas!:( Such a yenta I can be...

Andrew

Bryan and Roger: Hi guys, glad you are back on terra firma for a week. Thanks for all the arrangements. I have a solution regarding the comedian poor jokes if they are indeed offensive. Let's get him off the ship on the 28th... just as we pass the Verrazano. I have no patience for such behavior. I wish I was home this weekend and I would come down to P-Town for a beverage, however both Dennis and I are flying until Monday. We received confirmation today for our "Ocean Liners" reservation. Do white briefs qualify for Cirque de Soleil?

Andrew: So many outfits so little time. I have a feeling it will be hard for the rest of us to match your perfection, glamour and style. We all need a role model! (Is Ed choking about my comments yet?). Would you like me to bring anything from Boston for your enjoyment ? Choices are a cup of chowder, an Irish hunk, a Maine lobster, a Maine logger, a New Hampshire construction worker, a Provincetown pool boy (I could add one more option to the list but being that I'm catholic, I would be going straight to hell)

I saw your posting regarding tuxedo shoes. I expect you will offer to shine all the boys shoes to perfection.

We haven't packed anything yet, we will do that after unpacking from our 7 days of flying on Tuesday. We are still working on the floating cellar and martini bar.

BEAV: I saw that! Tiaras, shoes, more shoes. Between Marj, Karen and Ali (the goddess) I'm sure they will keep us entertained.

Juan: Haven't seen you on the board in a while what's happening in Miami?

Hi Guys--I have been reading ALL the posts for your upcoming Constellation trans-Atlantic! Thank you so much for allowing me to laugh so hard! We have recently had so much rain in San Francisco--until a few days ago--that it boardered on depressing. While we will not be on your crossing (BOO!), we have had to plealsure to meet BEAV and BlazerBoy. Bon Yovage and smooth sailing. We will be looking forward to your reviews! If we where we on any ship which included any anti-gay remarks from a comedian, I would BOOOOOOO him out loud! The time for that type of nonsense has LONG past! John M and Bob M in San Francisco.

Thanks, John! Wish you were joining us.:)

Ruy, don't build me up TOO much.:eek: The 'perfection' that I achieve with matters sartorial is done with smoke and mirrors...don't look too closely, or you'll see the Bondo, safety pins, glue and spray paint propping up the illusion. My clothes look pretty good, as my grandmother used to say, "if passed while riding a trotting horse.":rolleyes: Oh, and I'll have to check with Ed about the "gift"- What, no choices for a Vermont snow-boarder or a Rhode Island clam digger? A Connecticut stockbroker? (What the heck else to they have there?)

Oh, and, like many chores in life, I don't shine shoes, but I'm very good at arranging for it to be done...:D Just call me 'Connie Concierge'

Bryan and Roger- dissapionting to hear about the commedian. Should I/we all make "inquiries" with Celebrity? Glad that the rest was good though, and have a fun time in P-town.:cool:

Andrew

Andrew:

I can't find a connecticut stockbroker, they are all overworked and tired. I have a feeling there wil be plenty of clam diggers on this ship, so I won't bring any. Vermont snowboarders are in short supply. I can always bring you a pilgrim! You know if Massachusetts doesn't elect a democratic governor next, the state is planning to join Quebec and hopefully float into the Caribbean as a separate country. I know Constellation doesn't have a ice skating rink (No, I'm not interested in "getting out there" boom boom boom, thank you!) however I think you would look cute if you brought your ice skates and sat by the pool and told the people you were waiting for it to freeze.

As for arranging for shoeshines, "Connie Concierge" ,I always thought that Connie and Millie, as people refer to these beauties here, would be a perfect name for drag queen twins. Andrew, maybe you and I can perform that duet and replace the comedian.

John M and Bob M: Come on we will take a collection and book you a lifeboat with an ocean view.

Hi guys! I'm back! Have been keeping busy as I have relatives visiting from out of town.

I can't believe that we are only 8 days away. I know that we are all excited but sometimes I wonder if I am more anxious for this cruise than all of you are.

Bryan and Roger: Glad to have you back and thanks for taking care of the table. I'll buy you guys a drink at the Martini Bar. I'm looking forward to meeting the Maitre'd and am glad to see that he is looking forward to us.

Ruy: Now you know why I haven't cruised the boards lately. Don't have the time when I get home or when they all leave. By the way, I'm in Ft. Lauderdale; not Miami. No big deal.;) Only 30 miles apart. Summer has definitely arrived in south Florida. Temperatures already climbing into the upper 80's and reaching 90. Haven't had any rain in two months since early February and they are already talking about rationing. Ft. Lauderdale is classified as the driest place in Florida right now. Having brushfires almost every other day in one place or another. Yesterday we had a significant wildfire so close to the Florida Turnpike just south of us that it had to be shut down in both directions for six hours.

Anybody heard from Francois lately? Haven't seen him post. Hope all is well.

Well, it's time to start planning the wardrobe just like the rest of you are doing. First thing to do is get that tiara out of the safe! Now going to the other roll call board to see those comments about tiaras. As Ruy indicated earlier, there's going to be more royalty on this cruise than at Camilla Parker Bowles wedding.:D

Regards To All, Juan

Andrew, maybe you and I can perform that duet and replace the comedian.

Well, it'll have to be one of two songs: Either "Sisters" from "White Christmas" - you know, 'Lord help the Mister that comes between me and my sister, Lord help the sister that comes between me and my man!'

That, or "There are worse things I could do" (than to go out with a boy or two...) from "Grease" Take your pick!:D

(the rest of you don't need to worry- I don't look good in drag, and I can't carry a tune in a bucket, so I won't be assaulting your ears with bad renditions of musicals...;) )

I don't know, Juan, but I think I'm pretty excited....if this giddiness is any sign...

Andrew

Well, it'll have to be one of two songs: Either "Sisters" from "White Christmas" - you know, 'Lord help the Mister that comes between me and my sister, Lord help the sister that comes between me and my man!'

That, or "There are worse things I could do" (than to go out with a boy or two...) from "Grease" Take your pick!:D

Too funny! :D

And for your grand finale, the two of you can sing "Friendship" from "I Love Lucy." You know, the episode where Lucy & Ethel both wound up on stage in the same evening gown, then started picking apart the 'accessories' off each others' dresses!!! :D

ruy Do white briefs qualify for Cirque de Soleil?

then i am sure you would be the hit of the evening. kinky but i like it. :D thong? speedo? this could be the start of something fashion wise! you little trend setter you!

bryan and roger (who disavows me for writing this haaaaaaaa):D

If you guys recall, after the sisters did their act, they escaped out the window and Bring Crosby and Danny Kay (I think) performed their act with those FABULOUS blue ostrich(?) feathers. I watched this move just this past Christmas. So please consider my vote for 'Sisters' from White Christmas. I could DEFINATELY see BEAV and Blazer Boy doing the honors with the rest of the family sipping cocktails and looking on howlingly and approvingly. What fun!!!!!

If you guys recall, after the sisters did their act, they escaped out the window and Bring Crosby and Danny Kay (I think) performed their act with those FABULOUS blue ostrich(?) feathers. I watched this move just this past Christmas. So please consider my vote for 'Sisters' from White Christmas. I could DEFINATELY see BEAV and Blazer Boy doing the honors with the rest of the family sipping cocktails and looking on howlingly and approvingly. What fun!!!!!

Careful, John.

Thankfully, I'm allergic to blue ostrich feathers. Pink? Now that's another story ...

My goodness, I fly around the country for a day and end up in West Palm Beach and this board is getting even hotter!

Bryan and Roger: I have seen my share of thongs and speedos in my native country, however I'm at least 20 years too old to sport either. Now that I'm 40 I'm for wearing nothing. haha. (Dennis disavows me for writing this, actually he disavows almost everything I have posted here). Not a chance, I'm not sure my white bum would qualify for Cirque de Soleil.

Andrew: "Sisters" and "There are worse things I could do" are certain crowd pleasers. We can add "A Fine Romance", "...Oh listen sister,

I love my mister man...Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man " followed by "Hard Hearted Hannah" . So the plan is after Cirque, everyone keeps their masks and puts the rest of their clothes under the seat. BEAV AND JUAN will do an opening act for us to warm up the crowds.

As for which one resembles Ethel and which one Lucy, I will let Dennis decide, since his neighbor in Honolulu back in 1973 was Vivan Vance herself.

BEAV: I agree, PINK will work. Let's leave BLUE Feathers for the ones who haven't "decided yet"

Juan: Francois is flying back and forth to London I think five times this month. To think it will take 9 days to cross when we are used to a 7 hr flight. I'm sure "Celine", I mean Francois, will show up here at any moment. "Renee" is keeping him busy.

Bryan and Roger: I have seen my share of thongs and speedos in my native country, however I'm at least 20 years too old to sport either. Now that I'm 40 I'm for wearing nothing. haha. (Dennis disavows me for writing this, actually he disavows almost everything I have posted here)

honey, i know the feeling. Roger does just about everything i write also. what a pair you and I are. huh?

bryan NOT roger haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D

Guys: Well, seven days to go! Got quite a few chuckles about the comments on the other board about the tiaras and stilettos. I guess we will never run out a great selection of heels to wear.:D

Andrew: Glad to see that you are excited yourself also. I'm sure that by now all of us must be. By the way, saw on the other board that you are a Virgo. Well, so am I. On my last trans-Atlantic, I met another Virgo (and his partner) who just happened to also live in Ft. Lauderdale. We have managed to become good friends after the cruise ended this past November and still get together for dinner and drinks about once a month or so. So, I guess that makes you the Virgo that I will meet on this trans-Atlantic.;) Both of those songs that you mentioned sound perfectly suitable for our group.

BEAV: Just to let you know that I cannot be either Lucy or Ethel. I am neither blonde or redhead.;)

JohnM: What a shame that you are not joining us. You don't know what you're missing. Maybe next time?

Ruy: WPB? And to think that we were only about one hour away. You'll be a hit in the white briefs. You'll be the doll of the evening.;) You want me to be part of the opening act? Just watch the crowds disappear fast; that's what will happen. Glad to see that Francois is OK; just busy.

In seven days we will have have had dinner and, at least for me, a few drinks! Now I am seriously starting to think about what I'm going to pack. The weather should still be kind of cool there, don't you think? Specially for someone coming from south Florida. Have you guys noticed how much prices have gone down? I'm sure it is only for new bookings. Ironically, the new prices only seem to come up for double occupancy but when you do single occupancy there's no change in pricing.

Good Night,

Juan

Hi Everyone,

I am still here. Since I do not have ways with words as you guys do, so I just keep being entertained by reading them in these posts.

Juan: I am okay. I have been quite busy in order to get the days off at the end of the month so I could go on this crossing. In May, I am on vacation so It will be more relaxed.

It will be quite interesting to meet one another on Friday. I feel like I am going to a class reunion ...The countdown is on.

Francois,

Hello Francois: Glad to see that you are OK. I understand how you (as well as perhaps some of the others) are working hard now to get the time off in May. Doesn't it seem like a class reunion? After so much chatting here on the board I do feel like we already know each other; at least a bit.

This is final countdown week. I am ready!

Regards,

Juan

Morning Boyz ...

Tiaras packed? Speedos rolled up in your suitcases? Martini recipies tucked away with your cruise documents?

I've been under the weather all week with what appears to be allergies & hay fever. I normally have no problem in that area, but according to the SF Chronicle it's extra bad this year because of all the late Spring rain we had here in Northern California. Pollen for DAYZ around here! At any rate, I was reading about allergies on the web yesterday and one of the recommendations is to take a vacation to a beach area or the open sea. BINGO! My wheezing, runny, drippy, red-eyed self can't WAIT to get out in the middle of the Atlantic.

Three more days of work until we head for the Big Apple.

I forget ... are we all meeting somewhere for cocktails on the 28th? Or do we just pick out tiaras in the crowd at the 4:00pm "main roll call" party and take it from there?

BEAV - the one crying with the red, watery eyes :eek:

Well I am really one of the last "last minute" guys to joiun this cruise. My partner and I spent 28 nights on the Millie last month and stepped off in Fort Lauderdale on the April 2.

Now I am being a good son and sailing over to visit my parents in the UK. I will be all alone...boo hoo. However this is a great way to get back to my old home territory...far more civilized than flying.

I will look out for you all all in the Martini Bar between dinner seatings.

Hello Royal Celebrity,

Welcome aboard. It will be nice to see you. It seems that you and I are the sole single travellers on this journey as everyone elses are teamed up...So far I felt like an orphan... although I must say some people did extend already their friendship so graciously.... It shall be a very pleasant crossing and very civilized according to the joyful list of passenger guests from this board, depending on the amount of Martini servings Ah! But there again, who is counting?

Francois,

Welcome aboard Royal Celebrity! Booking last minute trips are often the most enjoyable ones. I thought we were "last minute" by booking just six weeks out, but obviously not!

Francios, glad you've reappeared on the scene!

All this talk about martinis (and over on the other board, too!) has me a little worried. Would it be wise to give Celebrity a "heads up" about the crowd to expect next Friday? They might want to consider "extra provisions" from their bar supplier!

Okay, boyz, who coined these famous words ...

"I like to have a martini,

Two at the very most.

After three I'm under the table,

after four I'm under my host."

and also ...

"Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hi Boys:

Can't believe that in four days I will be flying to Newark and boarding the Constellation. I don't know if I can be considered a "late comer" or not. Booked during the last week of March and I thought that was cutting it close. But the best thing about booking a cruise late is that you have only a little time to wait and then you go. My last transatlantic in Nov. 2005 I booked only about 3 weeks before departure. I had never planned to book this cruise but when I saw that they changed the port stop to Le Havre that was the deciding factor. I was actually considering the Mercury sailing of the same day as ours to the Mexican Riviera but now I am glad that I didn't select that one as they have been having a lot of problems with a virus outbreak near the end of March.

BEAV: You have a great sense of humor. I think I'm going to get an inferiority complex. BTW, loved those famous words that you quoted but I have no idea who said them. Hope you get well soon. Seems like you are doing just what the doctor ordered. I also have been having allergies for about one week (no fever) but it's definitely not due to rain here. Haven't had any rain since February.

Royal Celebrity: Welcome to the group. I know that we are all going to have a great time. While I do have a partner (just like you), he will not be coming this time so I will be traveling alone as well as a handful of others. I have no doubt that you will find quite a few of us at the Martini Bar, specially me. I think that most of us here have second seating so you may find us there both before and after dinner.;)

Francois: You'll be at the Martini Bar too?:rolleyes: Better get a number!

I have a feeling that a lot of us will be hanging around the Martini Bar for most of the cruise. I hear that a bartender there by the name of Sudi(?) is great.

Regards To All, Juan:)

Welcome, welcome! You know our group is VERY, very ROYAL, but not one individual has claimed to be a Royal Celebrity! (is it Prince Albert?). Let's hope he discloses his name or a hint of it. Now we have to hire even more bodyguards, on top of the ones already hired to take care of BRYAN. I have a feeling this cruise will have more pomp and circumstance than a pageant at Windsor Castle.

Bryan and Roger: I hope you didn't need a lifeboat in Provincetown to deal with all the rain.

Juan: I'm still in Palm Beach... heading home to Boston today.

Andrew: Where have you been hiding?

I know there will be many "select individuals" on board, but here is the "It List" or should I call it "The Founding Sisters" ?

(although Marj suggested we call ourselves the Stiletto Stealers!

We need to figure out our "meeting place". The cruise critic group is meeting at 4pm, I think we should mingle with everyone there and go for a drink after we sail and before dinner?

Ruy and Dennis - Amesbury - MA

John and Rob - Indianapolis - IN

Bryan and Roger - New York and U.K.

Frank and Norm - Santa Barbara - CA

Steven and David - Plymouth - MA

Francois - Ottawa - Canada

Juan - Miami - FL

Brian and Gary - CA

Andrew and Ed - CA

Wim and couple from South Africa (names ?)

J and Mikey - NJ

Bob and Barry - Staten Island - NY

Royal Celebrity - ?

Thanks for the welcome!

Even though I have come at the last minute I feel part of the family already. (Did I just say that?)

My name is David and I live in Pennsylvania, hidden away with my parrtner in the Poconos mountains some 75 miles west of NYC. We had our commitment ceremony on the Millennium at Skua Glacier (South America) on March 15 this year. I have a Scottish accent which I cannot seem to get rid of even though I have been in the US since 1993

Now I had never though that Royal Celebrity would cause such comments.....love them though. It is just that we do most of our sailings on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. LOL

I will be keeping a low profile as having come off a 33 day vacation with 28 of them on the Millennium, I should be a good boy and stop eating and drinking, and being "merry" The Aqua Spa will be my main eating place during the day!

I think I am in stateroom 9039, but that may change....it is a long story and I wll explain onboard if you have a few hours to listen.

It will be fun getting to know everyone...we have some great days at sea to do that.

David

Archived