FLL to port everglades?

chopped

My group of 4 really wanted to book a limo ride form the airport, to port everglades, Pier #2. The company called back (AFamily Limo) and told me he wanted to make sure i knew that the ride was at the most 5 mintues from the airport to the pier, and would rather not take my money. (a great gesture)

is this true? he offered a great 6 hour price of $299 before he knew i'd have a long layover when I get off the cruise.

the company sounds great- I just wanted to verify the time from the airport to the ship, and if i should book the limo for AFTER our cruise while we're killing time waiting for the plane.

thanks!

Seth

My group of 4 really wanted to book a limo ride form the airport, to port everglades, Pier #2. The company called back (AFamily Limo) and told me he wanted to make sure i knew that the ride was at the most 5 mintues from the airport to the pier, and would rather not take my money. (a great gesture)

is this true? he offered a great 6 hour price of $299 before he knew i'd have a long layover when I get off the cruise.

the company sounds great- I just wanted to verify the time from the airport to the ship, and if i should book the limo for AFTER our cruise while we're killing time waiting for the plane.

thanks!

Seth

Yes, that is very true. 5 minutes the most!! It's a mile or two. Grab a taxi.

Like everyone said, it literally is about a 5 minute drive from the airport. In fact you probably had a longer walk to your airplane gate at the airport than it takes to drive from the airport to the pier.

Trust me, save the money for the limo from your home to the airport or treat yourself to a spa treatment on board instead of going for the limo in FLL.

I am glad to hear that the limo company person was forthright with you - that's becoming so much rarer now-a-days.

jeff

Becuase of the companies honesty, I've decided to book them for a few hours after we arrive in the port and let them drive us around Ft Lauderdale while we are waiting for our plane. we were going to book Ft. Lauderdale excursion through princess just to solve our baggage mess, but instead we'll use this company as our 'excursion'

thanks for the replies!

You could always change your flights to Tampa or Orlando, and book the limo. That'll kill a day LOL.

Seriously though, that's a good idea to book the limo on the day you disembark the ship. Nothing worse than sitting around the airport for the day. And at least this way, you can get the guy to show you the sights and stop when you want and eat where you want as opposed to the rigid schedule the excursions would have.

Cab fare to the ship should be 15 bucks with tip at the most (I'm assuming inflation since we last did it in FLL LOL). For 4 with luggage you'll likely need 2 taxis. Or you could look into a shared van service. Or go talk to one of the rental car shuttle van drivers. When we dropped our rental car back at the airport the shuttle driver said he'd just run us over to the ship instead of back to the airport terminal to catch a cab

Archived