Seeking Blue Chip Club advice on adding 3rd & 4th persons

harbourxie

I get free Concierge Class and sometimes Aqua Class from Blue Chip Club. However, when I add my kids to the stateroom, the cruise fare increases significantly! For instance, I was quoted $4349 for 7-nights Alaska on Solstice Concierge sailing 6/30/2023 for 4 of us. Considering I only pays the port fee and taxes if it only for me and my wife, which is round $530, I think the big jump is hard to swallow....

I am wondering if you have any tips or suggestions on how to cut the added costs when adding my kids to the reservation. 

Thanks a lot, 

Edited by harbourxie

6 minutes ago, harbourxie said:

I get free Concierge Class and sometimes Aqua Class from Blue Chip Club. However, when I add my kids to the stateroom, the cruise fare increases significantly! For instance, I was quoted $4349 for 7-nights Alaska on Solstice sailing 6/30/2023 for 4 of us. Considering I only pays the port fee and taxes if it only for me and my wife, which is round $530, I think the big jump is hard to swallow....

I am wondering if you have any tips or suggestions on how to cut the added costs when adding my kids to the reservation. 

Thanks a lot, 

I always book for 2 and pay in full.  I then call in and add 3 and 4 and always get the3rd and 4th pasenger rate.

38 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I always book for 2 and pay in full.  I then call in and add 3 and 4 and always get the3rd and 4th pasenger rate.

Thanks for sharing your strategy. I am wondering what the rates for 3rd and 4th you got. In my example above, the 3rd and 4th is about $1650 per person before port fee & tax. 

1 minute ago, harbourxie said:

Thanks for sharing your strategy. I am wondering what the rates for 3rd and 4th you got. In my example above, the 3rd and 4th is about $1650 per person before port fee & tax. 

I've always done a mock booking and checked, and the prices were always consistent with mock bookings.

1 minute ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I've always done a mock booking and checked, and the prices were always consistent with mock bookings.

Celebrity is running some promo now, their website rate for the 3rd and 4th after discount is $1006 per person before tax and fee. However, it seems that the Blue Chip Club quote of $1650 is the rate without the same discount. 

Depends on ship and itinerary - doing an ABC itinerary in August 2023 with my niece and her husband - port fees and taxes are $139 each  and the third person is around $550 including his port fees and taxes for a concierge cabin on Equinox.  Btw, the third person was not an add on after booking - I booked for three people initially.

Edited by CTSandy

4 hours ago, CTSandy said:

Depends on ship and itinerary - doing an ABC itinerary in August 2023 with my niece and her husband - port fees and taxes are $139 each  and the third person is around $550 including his port fees and taxes for a concierge cabin on Equinox.  Btw, the third person was not an add on after booking - I booked for three people initially.

Caribbean routes are usually more reasonable priced for 3rd and 4th person. My last Thanksgiving on Apex was only $1000 each for my children including all the port fee and tax. And it is for concierge class. It would be only around $900 if just for standard veranda.