Cancelling cruise - refund question

fuddrules

I know this has been discussed a bunch but I've never paid close attention 😳 given I've never cancelled. 

We have an early saver cruise booked March 24.   We are going to cancel and incur, I believe, a $250 cancellation fee.   We have paid $1,250 to date.

We now have a cruise booked for Dec. of 23.  Can I just roll the remaining leftover funds into that Dec. 23 cruise as a form of payment?

The best thing to do is call Carnival and see if they can move your money to the new booking. It is not guaranteed but they are often willing to waive penalties if you are moving your money to a future booking, rather than cancelling for a refund.

However you may have lost your leverage when you booked the December cruise first. So you may have to pay the penalty.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The best thing to do is call Carnival and see if they can move your money to the new booking. It is not guaranteed but they are often willing to waive penalties if you are moving your money to a future booking, rather than cancelling for a refund.

However you may have lost your leverage when you booked the December cruise first. So you may have to pay the penalty.

Thanks - but unfortunately I had no intentions of ever cancelling either.  My wife on the other hand.....sometimes I think I should just look for a cruise wife to go along with me when the land wife has alternative plans.

The typical ES rules are that you will incur a penalty equal to the deposit; however, all of that except $50 pp will be available to you in the form of a FCC.  You will definiately need to contact Carnival to make sure that is what your ES rate rules are and I would also request to roll that FCC (or possibly the full amount) over to your next cruise.

• Like 2