I just got a great deal on airfare!!

Bobbigrl27

I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that lives in the Michigan/Grand Rapids area. I just booked a flight from Grand Rapids to FLL for $230.00 pp on United! This is pretty good considering that my T/A quoted me $407.00 pp 2 weeks ago. I would have preferred to fly into Miami, but I just couldn't pass up this price. So if anyone in Michigan is looking for airfare, check it out!! :p

When is your flight? I have been scouring the internet,airline sites for anything to get away over spring break but the prices went up so much I just forgot the idea.... I can find plenty of cruises last minute,but flights are sooo expensive it makes a budget cruise a dream.:)

I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that lives in the Michigan/Grand Rapids area. I just booked a flight from Grand Rapids to FLL for $230.00 pp on United! This is pretty good considering that my T/A quoted me $407.00 pp 2 weeks ago. I would have preferred to fly into Miami, but I just couldn't pass up this price. So if anyone in Michigan is looking for airfare, check it out!! :p

Did your TA quote you prices to MIA or FLL? There are currently no sales and prices from GRR to MIA are in your $407 range where FLL is cheaper.

I sometimes vacation with a brother in the Detroit area. I usually drive there and we fly together. Last Oct the airfare from GRR was cheaper, so he got to drive to GRR instead of me driving there. Parking is way cheaper too. Airfares are just so hard to figure out. Once I flew thru Detroit on Northwest and it was cheaper than driving to Detroit to start. Sometimes Lansing has some deals. Glad you got something special!

I sometimes vacation with a brother in the Detroit area. I usually drive there and we fly together. Last Oct the airfare from GRR was cheaper, so he got to drive to GRR instead of me driving there. Parking is way cheaper too. Airfares are just so hard to figure out. Once I flew thru Detroit on Northwest and it was cheaper than driving to Detroit to start. Sometimes Lansing has some deals. Glad you got something special!

Yeah, it is crazy. Our cruise isn't until December, but I have been checking airfare daily. I check Lansing, GRR and Detroit. The flight I got has a layover in Chicago, so just out of curiousity, I checked that same flight from Chicago to FLL and it was more expensive than the GRR to FLL flight!! I really didn't plan on purchasing airfare until this summer sometime, but when a deal comes along, you have to go for it!

Have you tried Flylansing.com, Allegientair has good rates to orlando and try chicago instead of Detroit, some times cheaper.

We never fly out of GR too much and you usually can get a non stop out of the other airports.

Archived