Covid test for cruising (again)

sandancer

8 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Not sure, but am lead to believe it cruises with 6 consecutive sea days.

FWIW it is the intention of Cunard not to have testing for boarding the first and future TA's after their world cruise ends from April 23rd moving forward.

Does anybody know why they have earmarked 4 to 5 cruises for testing ? Seams very bizarre to me . We fly to Barbados next Friday to join arvia , we have contacted our TA just for clarity on the situation but all that they could tell us  is that our cruise is not affected 

6 hours ago, CCFC said:

Am I right in thinking if you are travelling before 1st March you no longer need proof of vaccination?

This isn't the case.

You will still need proof of vaccination for cruises up to 28 Feb. That said, you probably won't be asked to show it!

Edited by NavyPanda

1 hour ago, NavyPanda said:

This isn't the case.

You will still need proof of vaccination for cruises up to 28 Feb. That said, you probably won't be asked to show it!

It only says for certain cruises, we are off to Azura on the 18th Feb, we have proof but it looks like you dont need to take the "paperwork"

po vaccine.jpg

1 hour ago, CCFC said:

It only says for certain cruises, we are off to Azura on the 18th Feb, we have proof but it looks like you dont need to take the "paperwork"

po vaccine.jpg

We are on Azura on 10th Feb. We will take our vaccination proof. We have it  so why not ?. Just in case somebody asks to see it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

Also need to do one for N306 Sailing date 02.03.2023.   I can take the required photo but have no means of printing it out.  Ladies at check-in will be able to see it on my iPad. I wonder if that will be acceptable

All of my test resuits have been electronic so I'm sure it should be fine.  Just have them handy, perhaps on your desktop.

So far I’ve avoided covid and in fact all bugs for some years.  Sadly caught a stinker of a cold on Arvia and certainly not alone so I think the covid testing is a good idea.  

I suggest anyone takes Lemsips onboard.  We are relieved we did! 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 5:23 PM, Megabear2 said:

All of my test resuits have been electronic so I'm sure it should be fine.  Just have them handy, perhaps on your desktop.

Good luck getting your desktop through security.🤣

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

P & 0 say that This photo, provided it shows all the required details may be shown either on an IPhone or on an IPad. Send an E-Mail to P & 0 for the required details.

I presume they will accept an Android device as well

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I presume they will accept an Android device as well

This is a perfect example of someone who is not totally technically adept asking a question.  A large number of US corporations refer constantly to iPads when they mean a compatible tablet or device which accesses the internet.  Those writing emails and websites understand what they mean, many who are just about managing with technology don't.

The writers of instructions try but are often raised in the technology age and as such won't understand how some from other groups may be confused.

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

This is a perfect example of someone who is not totally technically adept asking a question.  A large number of US corporations refer constantly to iPads when they mean a compatible tablet or device which accesses the internet.  Those writing emails and websites understand what they mean, many who are just about managing with technology don't.

The writers of instructions try but are often raised in the technology age and as such won't understand how some from other groups may be confused.

Current owner of a desktop, tablet and 2 smart phones, 1 dumb phone. Previous experience includes software installation and running a network in a government agency, also self taught programming in LISP for a cartographic application, got a large bonus for that one.

I was being sarcastic in my previous post as I know at least one example of an app being designed for I-phone only and we are still waiting for the Android version years later. There are a lot more Android devices out there than Apple but Apple is fashionable, good but fashionable. There are a lot of young IT people out there who think Apple is the only choice.

The reason i don't like using a smart phone is  the screens are far too small for my clumsy hands which is why I like Marella's portals which have large touch screens to access their onboard 'app'. P&O should have them as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Current owner of a desktop, tablet and 2 smart phones, 1 dumb phone. Previous experience includes software installation and running a network in a government agency, also self taught programming in LISP for a cartographic application, got a large bonus for that one.

I was being sarcastic in my previous post as I know at least one example of an app being designed for I-phone only and we are still waiting for the Android version years later. There are a lot more Android devices out there than Apple but Apple is fashionable, good but fashionable. There are a lot of young IT people out there who think Apple is the only choice.

The reason i don't like using a smart phone is  the screens are far too small for my clumsy hands which is why I like Marella's portals which have large touch screens to access their onboard 'app'. P&O should have them as well.

You misunderstand. I didn't mean you, I meant Tablelamp! I clicked to quote you by accident.

Tablelamp appears to be having problems with nearly all P&O's email instructions.

• Like 1