Ft. Lauderdale Hotels - March 25

Vicki-Ben

I have booked the Amerisuites thorugh Valuetrips for our one-night pre-cruise stay on Saturday March 25th based on suggestions by TrentS several months ago. I saw the thread on Amerisuites (which seems to have gone down hill quickly) and I am now second guessing my decision since our flight will not be in until 6:00pm at the earliest (coming from WI) and seeing as though they are overbooking I am concerned that we will not have a hotel room at all. I am not really picky about a hotel since we will only be there for one night. I would like a continental breakfast and it to be within walking distance of some place (store/gas station) we can buy some soda before the cruise. We are also thinking about liquor but at this point I just want to make sure I have a place to stay and it seems that a lot of places are sold out.

Vicki

Hello, I am flying in on March 25, also do to not good connections on my flight down, I am staying at the La Quianta Hotel, its rather pricey but you have to remember before giving up your motel room its Spring Break.

Here's an idea I received from some helpful CC members.

We arrive at midnight in FLL and our hotel is in Miami. They suggested calling around check-in time [3-4] and trying to check in over the phone. If that doesn't work call around 6 and have a notation put on your reservation that you are arriving late.

Since you are arriving around 6, try calling the hotel mid-afternoon and see what happens.

Good luck!

I found three other hotels I am considering for March 25 pre-cruise. could someone please tell me what kind of area they are in and if there are any restaurants (even fast food will do) and place to get soda/water (ie grocery store, convience store, gas stations) with in walking distance.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Seaport (1150 W. State Road) $224.11

Hampton Inn - Ft. Lauderdale Airport (2500 Stirling Rd) $197.10

Comfort Suites - Ft. Lauderdale West (2540 Davie Rd./SW 64th Ave) $170.99

No to Holiday Inn and Comfort Suites. Hampton Inns are usually reliable and offer a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied, but location is still not as good as Amerisuites.

I'd stick with it. It's only one night and you probably have a better price. Lots of shopping within walking distance.

Archived