Wifi on Edge Class

Salf777

So I have always wanted to do a Transatlantic cruise. My issue is due to the length of the cruise i would need to work at times. I know most times WiFi is spotty but have heard its better on these newer class ships. Also, and I really know nothing about this, people have said that when in the middle of the ocean and not near any land the WiFi is very bad. I wouldnt need it for anything intensive like streaming video but do need a relatively good connection for online. 

Thats the only thing holding me back from booking. Has anyone ever done a crossing and tried to work while out at sea? Is it feasible?

Thanks

I was on the Edge TA from Rome to FLL, that sailed October 2022  The ship had the Starlink internet active.  Alas, what people miss about Starlink is it's designed around serving land masses and the coastal areas; which makes perfect sense.  I had the premium package, and on the mid-ocean portion of our cruise, the internet was essentially useless, and certainly would not have supported reliable working from sea. 

Harris

Denver, CO

3 minutes ago, omeinv said:

I was on the Edge TA from Rome to FLL, that sailed October 2022  The ship had the Starlink internet active.  Alas, what people miss about Starlink is it's designed around serving land masses and the coastal areas; which makes perfect sense.  I had the premium package, and on the mid-ocean portion of our cruise, the internet was essentially useless, and certainly would not have supported reliable working from sea. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Thank you thats what I was afraid of

@Salf777

I should mention, I've done other TAs and this one the internet was actually worse than some others.  It's quite dependent upon the ship's particular route, the location of the satellite/s, and even the weather.  There are times you can get good service even mid-ocean, but it would not be fair to plan on being able to work reliably during a TA crossing, and definitely not to plan on using either Wi-Fi or video calling. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omeinv said:

@Salf777

I should mention, I've done other TAs and this one the internet was actually worse than some others.  It's quite dependent upon the ship's particular route, the location of the satellite/s, and even the weather.  There are times you can get good service even mid-ocean, but it would not be fair to plan on being able to work reliably during a TA crossing, and definitely not to plan on using either Wi-Fi or video calling. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Thank you