Smaller ship things to consider?

oracer

Past cruiser and have gone on the larger ships like Breakaway Plus or Oasis class. I am going on the Pearl in May. Anything different about experiences I may or may not have going to a smaller ship?   Is the dinner menu in the MDR changed to this same menu every night I see for the Prima?  Does it feel crowded in the pool area?  Any tips from those that have experienced this would be appreciated. 

Do they have the Room upgrade process?

Edited by oracer

Just off the Breakaway, cruised the Jade previously..  I liked on the Jade not having to pre book entertainment.  I didn’t really notice a difference on the pool deck with crowding.  I’d say it felt the same to me.  The only thing to note is of course less bells and whistles (ropes course, water slides, etc) on a smaller ship.

Pool always seems (is) crowded if the weather is hot and humid, especially more so on sea days. MDRs offer a two page menu. One side offers the same items all week, and the other side changes daily. 

Do you mean by the Room upgrade process the chance to put in a bid for a cabin upgrade? Yes, that is still done. For whatever reason, not everyone gets invited to bid. Also, if you are using a TA, any number of them don't participate  in the process.

You'll find reduced entertainment offerings. No large production shows. Less bells and whistles than the mega-ships. However, the Jewel class ships are our favorite class of NCL ship. Not too big, not too small. And they offer the Great Outdoors, a favorite spot of ours. Happy sailing!!

• Like 1