How often do they have kids sail free sales?

Illbcruzn4life

On 1/26/2023 at 10:11 AM, perakcruiser said:

The gratuities (50%), not the taxes.

Yes, the taxes, you do have to pay them. But you are kind of right, because indeed you also have to pay half the gratuities you would pay for an adult.

2 hours ago, sealynx said:

Yes, the taxes, you do have to pay them. But you are kind of right, because indeed you also have to pay half the gratuities you would pay for an adult.

I am unfamiliar with MSC in the Netherlands, but on all European markets I know the taxes are not payable for anyone, no matter if adult or kid. I sailed many times with my kids and never paid anything else except 50% of the gratuities.

3 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

I am unfamiliar with MSC in the Netherlands, but on all European markets I know the taxes are not payable for anyone, no matter if adult or kid. I sailed many times with my kids and never paid anything else except 50% of the gratuities.

I’m thinking the poster means port fees?

4 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I’m thinking the poster means port fees?

I am cruising with MSC since 2009 or 2010 and only have heard about these "port fees" or "taxes" from this forum because the Americans have to pay. In most markets it is illegal to separate these fees, taxes, whatever, from the cruise price.

Edit: Also RCCL or Carnival do not collect port fees in European markets. Because they can´t 🙂

Edited by perakcruiser

17 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

I am cruising with MSC since 2009 or 2010 and only have heard about these "port fees" or "taxes" from this forum because the Americans have to pay. In most markets it is illegal to separate these fees, taxes, whatever, from the cruise price.

Edit: Also RCCL or Carnival do not collect port fees in European markets. Because they can´t 🙂

So it’s all inclusive on your reservation. I didn’t know that. 
I cruised in Europe and was charged the extra fees separately but I did book on the US site so maybe that is why. 

On 1/27/2023 at 4:13 PM, styles27 said:

So it’s all inclusive on your reservation. I didn’t know that. 
I cruised in Europe and was charged the extra fees separately but I did book on the US site so maybe that is why. 

Exactly, most convinient is MSC UK. They have everything included and even water bottles and coffee. You see just one prices and this is the real price. 

• Thanks 1

To answer the original question, I have cruised a lot and paid attention to the sales and it seems that most of the times that kids are free are during anytime except summer, when not many kids sail because they are in school.

4 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

To answer the original question, I have cruised a lot and paid attention to the sales and it seems that most of the times that kids are free are during anytime except summer, when not many kids sail because they are in school.

Thank you very much. We are going June 25th. Really not expecting much after continuously reading these bad reports about the Meraviglia. 

What's the point of having the drink package if you can't get one or it takes 30 minutes every time you want one?

21 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Thank you very much. We are going June 25th. Really not expecting much after continuously reading these bad reports about the Meraviglia. 

What's the point of having the drink package if you can't get one or it takes 30 minutes every time you want one?

The Meraviglia isn't the only ship slow to serve drinks. Norwegian is notorious for closing most of their bars during the day to slow the flow of drinks to people with the beverage package which they convince people to buy by making their drink prices so high.

It is much easier to get drinks while you have the package on Celebrity and Holland American.