Hot air dryer blower brush

lpmpsail

Has anyone ever brought their own hot air dryer blower brush on board? I’m just curious to see if it had any issues, like blowing a circuit or blowing up the hair dryer?  It’s just a cheap Revlon one.  I know they have regular blow dryers in each room, but this works so much better on my hair. Real world problems🤣.

I think the only difficulty might be whether the larger plug-in element might be too big to plug in since the outlets around the desk are very close to the desk/counter surface.  Often times there are no electrical outlets in the bathroom (or perhaps just for a shaver).

Some of the older ships have a 220v EU style plug by the lighted mirror desk area where the ship hair dryer is also located. If you have a 200v EU plug adaptor, and your appliance is dual voltage, be sure to bring it.  

Or else use one of the standard US outlets elsewhere in the cabin. However, the one  plug in the bathroom does say "razors only" and that one would probably blow out if you used your own hair dryer in that location.

This will probably not be a problem on the newer ships which have multiple types of outlets, but still the "razor only" warning is present for the bathroom outlet. The cabin steward can also help you once onboard.