Alaska on Millennium, Solstice or Eclipse?

harbourxie

3 hours ago, maggieq said:

I didn’t realize how far the cruise port was from ANC.  Sea and yvr offer much less travel and convenience.   

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

Seems to me OP is not interesting in having to schlep 2 kids around on excessively long shore excursions.

Anchorage does add to the travel logistics! Could be a deal breaker for some.

These are both good points! Been a long time since I've had to take little people into account. 

Patty 

10 hours ago, cw2go said:

Anchorage does add to the travel logistics! Could be a deal breaker for some.

These are both good points! Been a long time since I've had to take little people into account. 

Patty 

This is very true.  Gave me indigestion at first....but then we put on our planning hats and put together a nice 3day tour of Anchorage-to-Seward prior to the cruise: seaplane trip, helicopter ride, trolley tours, Beluga Point, Alyeska Resort, Gidrwood, Chugach, etc, etc . Gave us a very different flavor than the cruise itself, very complimentary. But it took time and effort and was a bit of a logistical hoist.  It's all a matter of choice--was worth it for us, but clearly not for everybody.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

This is very true.  Gave me indigestion at first....but then we put on our planning hats and put together a nice 3day tour of Anchorage-to-Seward prior to the cruise: seaplane trip, helicopter ride, trolley tours, Beluga Point, Alyeska Resort, Gidrwood, Chugach, etc, etc . Gave us a very different flavor than the cruise itself, very complimentary. But it took time and effort and was a bit of a logistical hoist.  It's all a matter of choice--was worth it for us, but clearly not for everybody.

Agree! I've done r/t Seattle (once)  Much prefer North &  South Bound sailings even with the extra travel variables. Vancouver and Seward embarkations ports offer much better land touring options/sites than Seattle imo. 

But like you said it's not for everyone, we all need to pick what suits us best.

Hope the OP has a great Alaskan Adventure! 

Patty