LA Carnival Pier to Franklin St. post cruise Did I make a Mistake?

eltigre

Apparently it is 33 miles from the pier in LA to the Hollywood hotel. I thought a shuttle or Uber BUT I can't find a shuttle that goes there and Uber seems like it might be over a $100? Then I will need a way to get to LAX for my return flight.

We wanted to visit the Hollywood sights & thought a closer hotel would save time & money.

Did I make a mistake staying so far away from the pier and airport?

Can anyone  help me with transportation ideas.

Edited by eltigre
spelling

• eltigre changed the title to LA Carnival Pier to Franklin St. post cruise Did I make a Mistake?
5 minutes ago, eltigre said:

We wanted to visit the Hollywood sights & thought a closer hotel would save time & money.

Did I make a mistake staying so far away from the pier and airport?

Can anyone  help me with transportation ideas.

It's hard to be specific without knowing what hotel you booked. Those details will help folks here give some more focused advice. 

The bottom line is that if you wanted to see Hollywood you were going to have to pay for transportation to get there anyway so it doesn't matter much if your hotel is close to those sites or to LAX. You'll most likely have more fun and have more time to explore if you don't stay at the airport. 

Uber is going to be your best bet here. Assuming Long Beach cruise port an UberX is only going to be about $68 to the center of the Hollywood strip. Hollywood to LAX in an UberX is going to be about $55. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1