Any specials/discounts if I book a new cruise while I'm currently on one?

MuffyTravels

Hi! We are sailing on the Getaway April 5 and are already considering booking a January 2024 cruise with friends. Instead of booking now, should we wait and book while we are on the ship in April? Outside of the "normal" Cruise Next deposits, has anyone had experience getting a better "deal" if you book while you're still on a cruise?

Any insights would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, MuffyTravels said:

Hi! We are sailing on the Getaway April 5 and are already considering booking a January 2024 cruise with friends. Instead of booking now, should we wait and book while we are on the ship in April? Outside of the "normal" Cruise Next deposits, has anyone had experience getting a better "deal" if you book while you're still on a cruise?

Any insights would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

The norm is a cabin upgrade in the cabin category you are booked in.   However, sometimes they do run a 10% promotion.   We took advantage of this promotion when we are on the Joy this past September.  It was not advertised at all but I knew from reading these boards to ask about it so I did.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for your quick response! It sounds like it might be best to wait and book while we are on the cruise in April. Just curious if you know...we would be booking a balcony room on Prima...do you now what the cabin upgrade would be from a normal balcony room? Just thought I'd ask! Thanks again!

4 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

The norm is a cabin upgrade in the cabin category you are booked in.   However, sometimes they do run a 10% promotion.   We took advantage of this promotion when we are on the Joy this past September.  It was not advertised at all but I knew from reading these boards to ask about it so I did.

I'm pretty new to this board...I sent you a response but think I ended up responding to my own post? In any case...THANK YOU for your quick response!

8 minutes ago, MuffyTravels said:

Thanks so much for your quick response! It sounds like it might be best to wait and book while we are on the cruise in April. Just curious if you know...we would be booking a balcony room on Prima...do you now what the cabin upgrade would be from a normal balcony room? Just thought I'd ask! Thanks again!

I believe the family balcony cabin, but not 100% sure.

4 minutes ago, MuffyTravels said:

Maybe.  You can book now and then see if you can get a better deal onboard. You would get the pricing/promos available, for better or worse.

Balcony upgrade will be for a better location.  You might be able to upgrade to family but it's more or less up to the person doing the upgrade, plus the location of your original cabin.  I usually book the least expensive but acceptable cabin, then negotiate when I get onboard. They can reprice you to the lowest cabin, then upgrade from there - but you do have to watch the promos.

On 1/26/2023 at 2:07 PM, julig22 said:

Maybe.  You can book now and then see if you can get a better deal onboard. You would get the pricing/promos available, for better or worse.

Balcony upgrade will be for a better location.  You might be able to upgrade to family but it's more or less up to the person doing the upgrade, plus the location of your original cabin.  I usually book the least expensive but acceptable cabin, then negotiate when I get onboard. They can reprice you to the lowest cabin, then upgrade from there - but you do have to watch the promos.

Thanks for the great info!

On 1/26/2023 at 2:07 PM, julig22 said:

Thank you!