Loss of FCC when paying to Upgrade

recruiter 28

Has anyone lost their FCC when choosing to upgrade?  We were given $480 when the price of our oceanview price dropped.  As the cruise was closer we called our PCC to pay $330 to upgrade to a balcony.  This was based on the difference from our oceanview and balcony at the time.  Now four months after our cruise ended, we have been told since we upgraded we forfeited our FCC. We were NOT informed of this at the time of our upgrade. So our upgrade really cost $330 + $480 = $810.  We feel NCL was not transparent with us and deceptive to say the least.  Has anyone experiened this?  We have spoken to our PCC and he states there us nothing he can do.  We will be writing a letter to NCL customer relations.  This ends our NCL cruise  experience...Platinum doesn't hold much weight...and all because of $480.  Sad.

We had a PCC flat out give us wrong and misleading information.  We demanded a supervisor replay the recordings of our multiple calls to the PCC to prove we were misled.    They ended up giving us what we were sold.   This is our first cruise, so it rubbed us the wrong way, but also letting you know we didn't have status either.  So I do not have an experience on your specific issue.

I would get a hold of a supervisor, give them dates and times of the calls and see if they can pull up the recordings to prove you were not informed.   

"This call may be recorded for quality and training purposes" can work both ways.

I obviously can't speak to what you were told but I can see the issue.  After final payment they may offer a one-time adjustment.  Either FCC or a paid upgrade - but not both. So the paid upgrade shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

But good luck getting any response, let alone resolution.  My request for FCC was denied but they gave a nonsense reason so I tried to appeal. Nothing but crickets from RD and customer relations.

I went through the NCL process and was told I would receive a price drop FCC after the sailing was completed.   It never showed up in my account and my PCC kept saying he could see the FCC request in their system.   Wrote an email to CS who said they didn't see the request,  went up to Katty's email as a last resort and got the same reply.   Phone records evidently don't count,  I was supposed to know I should have been sent a FCC confirmation email even though their phone agent said I wouldn't.

Booking my next sailing elsewhere....

8 minutes ago, Boschmann said:

I went through the NCL process and was told I would receive a price drop FCC after the sailing was completed.   It never showed up in my account and my PCC kept saying he could see the FCC request in their system.   Wrote an email to CS who said they didn't see the request,  went up to Katty's email as a last resort and got the same reply.   Phone records evidently don't count,  I was supposed to know I should have been sent a FCC confirmation email even though their phone agent said I wouldn't.

Booking my next sailing elsewhere....

Received two FCCs on two cruises where there was a price drop.  Both times I received a confirmation email detailing the terms.  Did you receive a confirmation email?

8 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Did you receive a confirmation email?

No, I even asked the phone agent about this but was told I would not.  I was told the FCC would be placed in my account after sailing.  Customer Service nor higher-ups had any interest in looking into what I was told by this phone agent nor my normal PCC.

Edited by Boschmann