Port Elizabeth Bequia

suewheldon

Our first stop on Ovation departing Feb 18 will be Bequia. We would really like to spend time on a beach. For those of you who have visited here, is Princess Margaret beach easy to get to from the dock or would you take  the ship excursion over to Mustique?  We don’t want to spend a lot on excursions over the two weeks. Any ideas for the remainder of the itinerary would be welcome. 

We were at Princess Margaret Beach a few weeks ago on Sojourn.

It is about a 20 minute walk from the dock.  You walk along the beach a good part of the way to get there, so it's pleasant.  There are some inclines and some steps along the way, also, and part of the walk is on a gravel path. 

The beach itself is not much for snorkeling, but you can certainly lie on the beach and go swimming.  It's fairly shallow for quite a ways out.  There were a fair number of people there, but it was not at all crowded.  I'd recommend going all the way to the far end of the beach if you want to be more isolated. 

If I ever go back to Bequia, I'd certainly go back to Princess Margaret Beach.  I don't see the need to pay for an excursion there if you are looking for a beach day.

C83F6AE8-CDAD-4F15-929D-9182EA57C96C_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by skybluewaters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You don’t have to walk.  At the dock where the tender drops you off, there is a gentleman that will drive you over to the beach by boat and pick you up again at your specified time.  He can drop you off where you can rent a umbrella and chairs. The price was reasonable.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on your cruise and my plan is to walk to the beach.  A 20 minute walk seems perfect. Stretch your legs and then relax on the beach getting our vitamin D. Good to know we can rent chairs and an umbrella.

This is my first Seabourn cruise.  Will they pack you a lunch to go? 

4 hours ago, kd2330 said:

I will be on your cruise and my plan is to walk to the beach.  A 20 minute walk seems perfect. Stretch your legs and then relax on the beach getting our vitamin D. Good to know we can rent chairs and an umbrella.

This is my first Seabourn cruise.  Will they pack you a lunch to go? 

Thinking you might not be able to bring food on to the island. I guess the ship will know. 

• 1 year later...