Carnival Magic - any hidden gems, tips and secrets?

svmodi

On 2/22/2023 at 9:03 AM, five. said:

Most of my tips and tricks have been taken by others. Caveat though, the Magic is my favorite Carnival ship and class, for what we enjoy about cruising.

Spa - thalassotherapy pool is amazing on this class.

Deck 5 - 2 hot tubs per side. My wife burns easy and we can switch sides depending on the sun and she can stay in the shade. We alternate between hot tub and reading in the loungers. Many times it takes until later in the cruise before people discover the hot tubs on that level. And I love that deck goes around the ship, so it's the real place to walk laps.

Embarkation day - BBQ is open and uncrowded. Great food when you get on. The BBQ is open for lunch on sea days as well.

Sail away location - "secret decks" all the way forward on decks 6, 7, 9, 10, & 11. You go past the cabins and there will be doors that lead outside. I think deck 9 has wings, so it might be the best spot. Here is a website with more info.

Relaxation area - there is a spot in the spa area that has lots of couches and cold water and air conditioner and it is open to the public. Picture here.

Ship coins - There is a mystery coin that you can look for from when the ship was commissioned. On the magic it was on deck 14. . Thread about the Magic coin.

Adults only aft pool - Sometimes the aft pool will be adults only. It varies depending on how many kids are on board I think.

Sodas - 12 pack of soda (cans) and 750ml of wine can be carried on

GREAT INFO.  Thanks

Edited by SASA13

Red Frog Pub is really fun, be sure to look for happy hour specials, they sneak them in occasionally. Ocean Plaza is fun for trivia games during the day and bands in the evening. Also in Ocean Plaza is a small breakfast bar in the morning and salad bar at lunch, nice for a snack during games and the coffee shop is right next to it. I also love the serenity deck on the Magic, one of the best.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:56 AM, mook1525 said:

How do you order food at Cucina on embarkation day? Is it made to order? Will there be waiters/servers walking around?

We walked up the stairs into the restaurant and there were only a few other passengers there. It is a sit down restaurant. The food was wonderful. Totally fine to bring your carry on stuff.

10 hours ago, surfone said:

For a 10 night cruise are you still only allowed 2 bottles of wine?

You can bring on one bottle per adult per cruise, doesn't matter how long the cruise.