Teen allowed in Portofino's

I am hoping to go to Portofino's for my B/Day dinner. We are travelling with our 13 yr old. He loves fine dining & is more polite & appreciative of good food than many adults. Is there a minimum age limit ?

Age limits in specalty restraunts do seem to vary from ship to ship, and even by itenerary. On some cruises the age limit is not in-force earlier in the evening. On our last cruise on Radiance to AK, the age limit was posted as after 6:30 for example.

Strange isn't it? Hmmmmmmm :confused:

Just lucky, I guess, as I never saw anyone but adults in either on all of dinners I have enjoyed in both restaurants on several ships. This is actually one of the main reasons I am happy to pay the supplement.

Your sarcasm is quite unnessary but apparently amuses you and others.

TEAGAN, Enjoy your birthday dinner with your family. ;)

I just copied this off the RCCL website. I asked the "site Search" for the age requirement for

specialty restaurants.

Hours may vary according to the ship and itinerary, so be sure to check your Cruise Compass and Daily Planner.

Dinner: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

All guests over the age of 13 are welcome and reservations are recommended; please allow two hours for dining. To make a reservation, use the main menu screen on the TV in your stateroom or call the restaurant directly. Telephone numbers can be found in your stateroom. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD. s.gif

Well, now we need the cut and pasted suggested dress code.

IMHO if you have a well behaved polite child close to the appropriate age it will be fine. That rule is there for small children and those that are not polite and well behaved.

Hope you have a wonderful family dinner.

Thanks for the info. Looks like he'll squeek into Portofino's. Do you think it's OK if he wears jeans even if they have a few rips?

Gotcha !!! He has a suit...don't worry.;)

Jeans are only appropriate if he has purple hair with pink spots. :D

Well, now we need the cut and pasted suggested dress code.

IMHO if you have a well behaved polite child close to the appropriate age it will be fine. That rule is there for small children and those that are not polite and well behaved.

Hope you have a wonderful family dinner.

What makes you think that it's okay to bring a child younger than 13 just because the parents believe him or her to be "polite" and "well behaved"? The rule is not there just for small children or poorly behaved children. It's there because RCI seems to believe that for that dining environment and experience, 13 is an appropriate age. Sure, there are very poorly behaved 16 year olds (and adults too) and well behaved 11 and 12 year olds. That doesn't matter--the rule is the rule. I truly do not understand why it is so difficult for some parents to accept.

beachchick

Archived