What area of El Yunque do the excursions visit?

kelliebiz

We’ll have a day in San Juan and we’ve booked a 4 hour excursion through HAL that is called El Yunque Rain Forest Drive. It’s not a hiking trip but has a few short stops to get out to look plus a brief stop at a waterfall. Does anyone know what section these tours usually go to? What highway or what entrance they head to? I don’t find the info in any of the descriptions, and I’d really like to do a little reading about the area before we go. Thank you! 

Edited by kelliebiz

I just recently signed up for a Carnival tour in March that sounds similiar. Below is the description. Attached is a map I found online when trying to figure out where this tour will actually go. It shows a couple of the listed stops. Looks like this is a new tour for Carnival and there were zero reviews. My daughter really wants to see El Yunque so figure we will give this tour a try!

El Yunque Rainforset: Don’t miss this great opportunity to visit El Yunque National Rainforest, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. An approximate 45-minute drive will bring you to enjoy the panoramic view of the tropical woodland with a vast variety of flora and crystalline waterfalls that spread over hills and valleys. 

Coca’s Waterfall: You’ll stop briefly at one of its kind 100 feet waterfall - Coca’s Waterfall of volcanic rock. You will have the opportunity to take a picture of the beautiful scenic area. 

Yokahu Tower: At this stop, you will mesmerize yourself with this beautiful view, where the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea unites and enjoy the view of the canopies of the Rainforest. 

Overlook Bridge: You will enjoy one of the eleven rivers located at the Rainforest, and its different and unique species of rocks. The river sounds in this area has a combination with the fauna and flora, brings peacefulness to those seeking more than just scenery. Choose to visit El Yunque and experience nature and its true beauty! 

0DCF8C19-806C-4228-83BA-D9B92D8F7B67.png

Edited by mslhb

49 minutes ago, mslhb said:

wow thanks! I had searched online and didn’t come up with anything. Your description sounds like ours, though yours is more detailed. Ours mentions the 45 minute drive and says we’ll have three short stops to explore on our own but it doesn’t identify what they are. I’m a birder so I wanted to look in advance what birds to be on the lookout for. This really helps! We’ll be there March 1. Enjoy your tour. 

I just recently signed up for a Carnival tour in March that sounds similiar. Below is the description. Attached is a map I found online when trying to figure out where this tour will actually go. It shows a couple of the listed stops. Looks like this is a new tour for Carnival and there were zero reviews. My daughter really wants to see El Yunque so figure we will give this tour a try!

0DCF8C19-806C-4228-83BA-D9B92D8F7B67.png

• 1 month later...

There are 14 of us in a group sailing on Princess.  We will be in Puerto Rico on 6/20/2023.  We are looking for a tour of the El Yunque Rainforest.  The tour from the ship does not have space for all of us. Does anyone know of a tour group that can help us?