Port Canaveral terminal parking-timing ?

Txdnadoc

How long does it take to get parked and into the check in  line? I have a 1030 check in time and am staying in a hotel 45 minutes away. Are there long lines to get through to park? If I park at the terminal,  how much time do I allow to get there, park, etc?  Thank you!

Depends on which terminal.....terminal 1 for Royal Caribbean has some congestion due to the same driveway leading to drop off and parking but there was lots of parking once we got into the garage last week.  Same with terminal 5 which we used last June but less congestion due to smaller ship.

We had a 12 noon checkin time but got to terminal 1 at 9:30 to make sure we got a parking space.  Tons of parking since the prior cruisers had already left.  We were on the ship by 10am.  By noon, there was quite a bit of traffic waiting to drop off but we could still see lots of parking spaces from our balcony on the starboard side of the ship.  If you get there early enough, allow less than an hour to park and check in.  No one checked our 'check in' time, by the way.

2 hours ago, Txdnadoc said:

How long does it take to get parked and into the check in  line? I have a 1030 check in time and am staying in a hotel 45 minutes away. Are there long lines to get through to park? If I park at the terminal,  how much time do I allow to get there, park, etc?  Thank you!

We just got off a ship last Saturday and if there are a lot of ships in port that day traffic around your checkin time could be a nightmare.  We took a shuttle to the port from the hotel around 10:30 and fortunately we were going to Terminal 5 because traffic to get off Hwy 528 going to Terminal 1 was backed up on 528 as far as you could see!!!

If you are in T1 I would get there very early and grab a parking spot and then just wait in the garage for a little bit…

6 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Depends on which terminal.....terminal 1 for Royal Caribbean has some congestion due to the same driveway leading to drop off and parking but there was lots of parking once we got into the garage last week.  Same with terminal 5 which we used last June but less congestion due to smaller ship.

We had a 12 noon checkin time but got to terminal 1 at 9:30 to make sure we got a parking space.  Tons of parking since the prior cruisers had already left.  We were on the ship by 10am.  By noon, there was quite a bit of traffic waiting to drop off but we could still see lots of parking spaces from our balcony on the starboard side of the ship.  If you get there early enough, allow less than an hour to park and check in.  No one checked our 'check in' time, by the way.

Thank you so much!  We are on wonder of the seas. I guess that's terminal 1? So, is we get to the area around 930 we should be fine? We are only anxious to board because all shows at all times were sold out when we checked the app 30 days before our sailing.  I just hope we can get at least something reserved once we board. I would hate to miss every show!

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We just got off a ship last Saturday and if there are a lot of ships in port that day traffic around your checkin time could be a nightmare.  We took a shuttle to the port from the hotel around 10:30 and fortunately we were going to Terminal 5 because traffic to get off Hwy 528 going to Terminal 1 was backed up on 528 as far as you could see!!!

If you are in T1 I would get there very early and grab a parking spot and then just wait in the garage for a little bit…

Thank you! I think we are T1. I really appreciate your help.

• Like 1

Just now, Txdnadoc said:

Thank you so much!  We are on wonder of the seas. I guess that's terminal 1? So, is we get to the area around 930 we should be fine? We are only anxious to board because all shows at all times were sold out when we checked the app 30 days before our sailing.  I just hope we can get at least something reserved once we board. I would hate to miss every show!

We were on Wonder of the Seas last week so yes, terminal 1.  Like I said, we got to the terminal at 9:30 and were on the ship by 10am.  You won't miss any shows.  People who did not have reservations lined up about a half hour before each show.  We had reservations so we went right in (they scan your SeaPass card as you enter) but we never saw anyone 'stand bye's' turned away.  There were enough seats for everyone at the Aqua Show and in the Theater.  We didn't go to any of the comedy shows so I can't comment about those.  You'll have a great time.  Don't worry.  Check the app once on board to see what shows still have reservations available.  I made reservations on the day of some shows and never had a problem getting good seats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Txdnadoc said:

keep checking your app when you get to the terminal.  We have been able to book shows while waiting to board….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

keep checking your app when you get to the terminal.  We have been able to book shows while waiting to board….

Thank you. We hope that works for us also!! We've been cruising royal for ages and never been unable to reserve out shows like this before.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1