Dawn Minisuites - which ones to avoid

JerseyMom

I decided to book a minisuite on the Dawn for December and right now am holding 11066 - looks like it's under the pool deck but just barely. How bad is the noise? Personally, I can sleep through almost anything - but DH is a light sleeper and I don't want him grumpy for the whole trip. The occassional scrapping of a chair would be o.k., but he's not going to be happy if it sounds as if there is a pool party going on in our cabin.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Based upon a look at the deck plans, I'd say you may hear the chairs being scraped about late at night for a few moments while they clean the decks, but other than that I'd say you'll be enjoying mostly peaceful days and evenings. That particular area of the pooldeck is quite shaded, and didn't seem to have much traffic except for overflow seating from the buffet.

On your balcony you should probably be able to hear the pool bands quite a bit, so it could be rather enjoyable! :D

Based upon a look at the deck plans, I'd say you may hear the chairs being scraped about late at night for a few moments while they clean the decks, but other than that I'd say you'll be enjoying mostly peaceful days and evenings. That particular area of the pooldeck is quite shaded, and didn't seem to have much traffic except for overflow seating from the buffet.

On your balcony you should probably be able to hear the pool bands quite a bit, so it could be rather enjoyable! :D

Hi Pepper:D

Enjoyed reading your reviews. Hope you are less sore today.

We were on the Western Carib 2/12 sailing in mini suite 11068 right next door to this one.

We could in fact hear the music from our balcony on nights there were deck parties. I think just 2 nights out of 12 . If you closed the balcony door we did not hear the music. The parties ended by midnight . And we were usually at them:)

The deck is normally cleared after sunset, They stack the chairs. Only on party nights did we hear some dragging of chairs for a short time.

We were not in the cabin by day, so I'm not sure how much noise one might hear if they wanted to nap.in the afternoon.

Thanks, Chris and Pepper. Sounds o.k., then. DH is also a night owl and is never in bed before midnight, so late night won't bother him but if it gets wild up there before 9 a.m., that's another issue.

We went on te Dawn Nov 05 room 11122, we were glad we upgraded from a balcony, but boy was it noisey. Creeking! banging! :eek:

During periods of rough seas, a ship as large as the Dawn will make all manner of creaking, groaning, banging, whistling and rumbling. It's part of the cruise experience, and although you'll probably think I'm insane, I find the sounds rather welcome - makes me know for sure I'm at sea! :o

We had the last 4 AG cabins back in 2003....We were in 11186 and it was not the best selection...The cabin was great....roomy and all but it is/was right below the areobics/step class room.....So, in the early a.m. it was noisy and the whole room vibrated.....Not to fun if you are out the whole night before and want to sleep in past 6am :) ......and it would happen throughtout the day.....We were told that they were looking into changing the schedule...so since then I am sure it has been changed...

The other 3 cabins in our party were fine....

Archived