Obstructed View Balcony -- Spirit Class Ships

ChuckF

Got a good offer for a balcony cabin for a cruise on the Pride. As I looked into it, the price quoted was for an obstructed view balcony on Deck 5. When I look at the Deck Plans, it looks like I might be looking out directly at the lifeboats. Would appreciate hearing comments, or preferably seeing a picture, from someone who has, or is, in a similar deck 5 balcony cabin on a Spirit class ship. Thanks. 

The main concern with these is not to be near the front 3 lifeboats on either side, as they are larger and actually block some of the view across. I put red x's by the ones you don't want! 

Screenshot 2023-01-28 9.53.16 PM.png

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

Take a look at the deck plans and try to find a cabin located between the lifeboats.  I was in cabin #5151 on the Pride last April and it had a peek-a-boo view between the lifeboats.  There are others, so if you can get one of those, do it.

5151 is right by the larger lifeboats unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

Take a look at the deck plans and try to find a cabin located between the lifeboats.  I was in cabin #5151 on the Pride last April and it had a peek-a-boo view between the lifeboats.  There are others, so if you can get one of those, do it.

5151 is right by the larger lifeboats unfortunately. 

On 1/28/2023 at 11:52 PM, n6uqqq said:

The main concern with these is not to be near the front 3 lifeboats on either side, as they are larger and actually block some of the view across. 

Agreed with this. Any of them in the green rectangle are acceptable. 5236 is a gem if you can get it with the bowling alley balcony. You can also see where the gaps are between the lifeboats for slightly better views, although ultimately any of them are decent. You can see out, just not down.

Screenshot_20230130-003525__01.jpg

3 hours ago, knagl said:

Agreed with this. Any of them in the green rectangle are acceptable. 5236 is a gem if you can get it with the bowling alley balcony. You can also see where the gaps are between the lifeboats for slightly better views, although ultimately any of them are decent. You can see out, just not down.

Screenshot_20230130-003525__01.jpg

Nice diagram! Also good advice is to stay away from the regular balconies that jut out. For example, cabin 5190 is going to have zero view to the left because of the structure of the ship. And likewise room 5224 will have zero view to the right. I would try to stay several rooms away from the regular balcony rooms that stick out to keep at least a decent view to left and right. 5236 is the absolute best of the obstructed view balconies due to the triple length and good views left and right. I am usually right above it in room 6232 with the extended giant balcony.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1