World Cruise for 2025

5 minutes ago, Infi said:

I thought the WC rarely sailed at capacity, so would the ship size really matter? With the notable exceptions of 2020 and this year, obviously. 

The selection of cabins on the Zuiderdam for a World Cruise are more profitable than on the Zaandam. 

1 hour ago, Infi said:

I thought the WC rarely sailed at capacity, so would the ship size really matter? With the notable exceptions of 2020 and this year, obviously. 

Correct there are some cabins always available but ports that are limiting ships probably go by capacity and not occupancy. 2020 was still on Amsterdam so Zaandam was considered as passengers could get similar cabin location. I doubt HAL Corp's top concerned is whether passengers can book their same cabin on Zuiderdam. It's hasn't been before and I'm sure the new Reorg won't change that focus. 

14 hours ago, REOVA said:

Correct there are some cabins always available but ports that are limiting ships probably go by capacity and not occupancy. 2020 was still on Amsterdam so Zaandam was considered as passengers could get similar cabin location. I doubt HAL Corp's top concerned is whether passengers can book their same cabin on Zuiderdam. It's hasn't been before and I'm sure the new Reorg won't change that focus. 

I'm not  sure I understand your speculation.  Since the '23 and '24 WC's are on the Zuiderdam, are you saying that you do or don't think that HAL is going to be concerned about booking the '25 on the Zaandam, although the passengers obviously can't get their cabins from the most recent WC on the Zuiderdam?  On one hand, I would prefer the Zuiderdam being used for the '25 because it has the Signature Suites.  On the Zaandam there are only three choices for a verandah -  Verandah Suite,  NS, or Pinnacle, the latter two of which will command top dollars.  On the other hand, the Zaandam is a better ship for the WC from the standpoint of ports to be visited.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I'm not  sure I understand your speculation.  Since the '23 and '24 WC's are on the Zuiderdam, are you saying that you do or don't think that HAL is going to be concerned about booking the '25 on the Zaandam, although the passengers obviously can't get their cabins from the most recent WC on the Zuiderdam?  On one hand, I would prefer the Zuiderdam being used for the '25 because it has the Signature Suites.  On the Zaandam there are only three choices for a verandah -  Verandah Suite,  NS, or Pinnacle, the latter two of which will command top dollars.  On the other hand, the Zaandam is a better ship for the WC from the standpoint of ports to be visited.

More in response to OP comment to Pete regarding passengers putting down deposits and wanting their same cabin. I think the determination of which ship would fall into which has a better ability to get into specific ports (if there is any difference relating to tender or ports limiting ship size) and which ship can store more on board (to limit running out of supplies, food choices, etc). They can always raise cabin prices no matter the category but there may be logistics relating to ship and ports which won't be decided by passengers wanting to get their same cabin. We've done both Neptune and Vista/Veranda "suites" on WC so would prefer the smaller ship if it means getting to ports and not running out of food. We prefer Veranda but Neptune is nice for the priority tendering (since our 5* doesn't matter) but not worth the extra cost. And of course itinerary for us would be the reason to sail WC again on either ship. 

17 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

You are correct. The ship has not been announced yet. But hundreds of booked guests on the 2024 W.C. have done a Future Cruise Request for 2025 W.C. already. To lock in getting first dibs on the same cabin they have on 2024 W.C. including us. 

Maybe I should know this but what is a Future Cruise Request and how do I do one?

39 minutes ago, Sunset Viewers said:

Maybe I should know this but what is a Future Cruise Request and how do I do one?

Hi Marianne,

I think we met on the 2018 Grand Asia?  Are you also on the '24 WC?  Anyway, re the future cruise request, your travel agent will submit one for you.  We just submitted ours yesterday for the '25 WC.

Gail & Marty - since the '24 WC is on the Zuiderdam and the anticipated ship, per The Inside Cabin, will be the Zaandam,  why would '24 guest be rushing to get cabins on the '25, which may be  different ship?  

No one know what ship will be used for the 2025 WC.The itinerary could change too. It’s all speculation until it’s announced in the Spring. The Future Cruise Consultant told me HAL hasn’t finalized any decisions but is looking at the survey results as well as the Cruise Critic survey comments about the itinerary.

I looked at all four possibilities for the 2025 GWV and the Antarctic to Arctic is by far my favorite. If that's not that, and they offer the 94 day Australia & New Zealand again in 2025, I'll probably do that  instead.

I've never had the time available for a Grand voyage before but sorry to say now I do. So many possibilities. I was booked on the 94 day 2024 Australia & New Zealand for a hot minute until I realized it overlapped with the solar eclipse cruise and cancelled. Maybe I'll end up doing a bunch of back to backs.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...