Hello again - the best posters in the world! Need to know about Costa Rica!

CruisinFools

Hi folks. Seems once or twice a year, I'm back on these boards. Sorry I couldn't finish my review of Tahiti - had to get back to work and couldn't find the time. In any event, Tahiti was in celebration of my 50th! Now, we're off to Costa Rico in celebration of our 20th anniversary!! Y'all gave me such good advice about independent tours in Bora Bora, was hoping for some more of the same info for Costa Rico. We're big snorkellers, love the beaches, rain forests and romance! Who's got what to offer? Thanks!!

Joyce

Coach Costa Rica, We used them from Puerto Caldera to San Jose, they set up a university tour for us (which we wanted), authentic Costa Rican lunch, then to the airport. We had a small bus just for the four of us and an English speaking guide who was knowlegdable and personable.

They cover the entire country. I do not recommend driving on your own, the roads are terrible! They handle everyone from families to rock stars.

I used their internet site to book. they were helpful and cooperative.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

I could not recommend Charlie Soto highly enough. He will do what you want to do and is so very gracious. He showed us the real Costa Rica and we loved our day there. I saw some of the other tours and I was VERY glad we were with Charlie. He even has a cooler with water and soft drinks in the van.

I wanted to see all the monkeys I could see and he found them for me. We used his recommendations on many places to go and were so glad. Have a great trip. If you get Charlie tell him hello from Myra.

Archived