Mayan Bee Sanctuary - Questions

talkorpi

Looking for a more relaxed excursion in Cozumel that isn't a beach or a bar.  I saw this reccomendation on a different thread but it seems relatively new.  Has anyone ever done the Mayan Bee Sanctuary during a port stop?  I don't see it listed on many shore excursion websites and I'm wondering how we are supposed to get there from the port (Cruising on Princess so I am assuming we are going from Puerta Maya).  It looks interesting but since we don't speak Spanish and don't really want to rent a car just to drive here and back I'm wondering if they run taxis from the ports to this location.

Anyone have any experience with this tour while stopping in port for the day?

Looked like a western expat trying to support the lifestyle off the tourists from the outside when we stopped by last week. Fake and expensive. Shop is selling the honey in fancy jars. I bought mexican honey from pineapple farmland off costa maya before and it tasted better. Obviously take it lightly as people like different things but it looked very touristy and nothing felt "local or authentic" about that place.