Kids Club Question - when there's lots of kids onboard

PumpkinPatches

Hi all!

My family is booked on the Celebrity Silhouette for Christmas & New Years 2023.  We have 2 kids who will be 4 & 6 during the cruise.

We just took a cruise in early January, and we were told that the holiday sailing (the one right before ours) had 400 kids onboard! This got me thinking, since the Kids Club rooms aren't overly massive, what happens when there are a lot of kids onboard?

Is access to the kids club facilities limited in order to accommodate everyone? 

Is there a reservation system in place?

This will be my first holiday cruise, so I am hoping someone on this board has some experience to share with me!  The Kids Club experience is a big deal for our family and I'd hate to spend so much $ on my cruise just to find out that we can only access the kids club on certain days, certain times, etc.

On my last cruise (it was with Princess) my kids were asking to go to kids club during all 3 sessions!!  They just couldn't get enough of it.

Thanks so much! 

1 hour ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Hi all!

My family is booked on the Celebrity Silhouette for Christmas & New Years 2023.  We have 2 kids who will be 4 & 6 during the cruise.

We just took a cruise in early January, and we were told that the holiday sailing (the one right before ours) had 400 kids onboard! This got me thinking, since the Kids Club rooms aren't overly massive, what happens when there are a lot of kids onboard?

Is access to the kids club facilities limited in order to accommodate everyone? 

Is there a reservation system in place?

This will be my first holiday cruise, so I am hoping someone on this board has some experience to share with me!  The Kids Club experience is a big deal for our family and I'd hate to spend so much $ on my cruise just to find out that we can only access the kids club on certain days, certain times, etc.

On my last cruise (it was with Princess) my kids were asking to go to kids club during all 3 sessions!!  They just couldn't get enough of it.

Thanks so much! 

You will also find that your kids won't be able to get enough of Celebrity's kids program (aka Camp at Sea).  

With a large number of kids on board your holiday sailing, Celebrity does increase the number of counselors on board to handle it. 

Facilities-wise to manage the large numbers, some of the kids activities will take place outside of the kids club.

1 hour ago, PumpkinPatches said:

we were told that the holiday sailing (the one right before ours) had 400 kids onboard!

On my last cruise (it was with Princess)

I don't think Celebrity attracts or is as conducive to families as other cruise line (Princess, Royal, Carnivore).

38 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

You will also find that your kids won't be able to get enough of Celebrity's kids program (aka Camp at Sea).  

With a large number of kids on board your holiday sailing, Celebrity does increase the number of counselors on board to handle it. 

Facilities-wise to manage the large numbers, some of the kids activities will take place outside of the kids club.

Oh I totally agree! From what I'm reading about Camp at Sea it looks like they have really good kids programming!  

Thanks for the insight!  Sounds like I probably won't have anything to worry about.

28 minutes ago, jwlane said:

I don't think Celebrity attracts or is as conducive to families as other cruise line (Princess, Royal, Carnivore).

That's also what I was thinking, but you never really know when it comes to holiday sailings. I think the # of kids will still be pretty high. I was surprised that the 400+ kids I was referring to on my original post was for a 15-night Hawaii cruise with Princess.  I would expect a high # like that maybe on a 7-night caribbean or something but this many kids on a cruise with so many seas days was kind of surprising to me.