Auckland Port Transportation

cookingmom

We disembarked a Princes Wharf on Friday 01/27/23 during the torrential rains that would later result in Auckland’s great flood. Needless to say, it was shear pandemonium for passengers trying to get transportation. We had luckily prearranged for airport transportation with a brief city tour. I wanted to share with my fellow cruisers our fabulous experience with Alpha Shuttles. We were a group of 13 friends disembarking with lots of luggage. Alpha Shuttles sent 2 beautiful Mercedes Benz vans to accommodate us. Their amazing drivers, Julie and Bruce, were top notch! They expertly whisked us around the city in the midst of heavy rain with delightful attitudes. They even happily agreed to drop some of the group at a hotel near the airport when they made last minute plans. Alpha Shuttles with drivers Julie and Bruce get our highest marks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Auckland port can only be described as a cluster-duck. Back in January 2017, we disembarked the Celebrity Solstice with hopes of getting a taxi to our hotel ... the taxi line was literally hundreds of people deep as the port access is severely limited. We ended up walking UPHILL to the Rydges Auckland (do not recommend, btw) from the port. 

On 1/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, cookingmom said:

We disembarked a Princes Wharf on Friday 01/27/23 during the torrential rains that would later result in Auckland’s great flood. Needless to say, it was shear pandemonium for passengers trying to get transportation. We had luckily prearranged for airport transportation with a brief city tour. I wanted to share with my fellow cruisers our fabulous experience with Alpha Shuttles. We were a group of 13 friends disembarking with lots of luggage. Alpha Shuttles sent 2 beautiful Mercedes Benz vans to accommodate us. Their amazing drivers, Julie and Bruce, were top notch! They expertly whisked us around the city in the midst of heavy rain with delightful attitudes. They even happily agreed to drop some of the group at a hotel near the airport when they made last minute plans. Alpha Shuttles with drivers Julie and Bruce get our highest marks!

We used them the week before to get up to and back from Te Arie, wonderful service. 

• Like 1