Time Of Day To Check Airfare Best?

meluvtogocruise

I have wondered this a million times.....I have tried to figure out the online sites.....Can't be done! LOL

I find that I can get the best rates 3 months prior to flying. On most of the sites, the prices stay the same for about a week.

I have wondered this a million times.....I have tried to figure out the online sites.....Can't be done! LOL

I find that I can get the best rates 3 months prior to flying. On most of the sites, the prices stay the same for about a week.

Man, have you been around! Did you love Liberty. I'm planning on Valor

in December. E.C.

Can't wait to get it all nailed down. Guess I stop beating my head against the wall on the air. I'll check back again around September then.

:p :p

Here is the basic answer to your question as given in: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051211/news_1t11advice.html

QUESTION: I heard that the best time to book flights is midnight to 1 a.m. on Wednesdays when airline computers are flooded with unpaid reservations available at a discount. True?

ANSWER: We checked with several travel experts, but none could confirm this. David Rowell, who publishes the Internet site www.thetravelinsider.com, said, "Maybe midnight to 1 a.m. is slightly better than midday to 1 p.m., but I wouldn't stay up for it."

Some folks like to jump on the lowest fares available from Southwest Airlines as soon as they extend their booking horizon. When it happens, this generally occurs at 10:00 am Central Time on Thursdays, but not always.

Here is the basic answer to your question as given in: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051211/news_1t11advice.html

QUESTION: I heard that the best time to book flights is midnight to 1 a.m. on Wednesdays when airline computers are flooded with unpaid reservations available at a discount. True?

ANSWER: We checked with several travel experts, but none could confirm this. David Rowell, who publishes the Internet site www.thetravelinsider.com, said, "Maybe midnight to 1 a.m. is slightly better than midday to 1 p.m., but I wouldn't stay up for it."

Some folks like to jump on the lowest fares available from Southwest Airlines as soon as they extend their booking horizon. When it happens, this generally occurs at 10:00 am Central Time on Thursdays, but not always.

I'm actually staying up late tonight just out of curiosity. I had a good rate offered to me from one of the travel companies,however I wasnt' ready to

bite at that particular moment. I haven't found as good of of since.

Thanks for the tips!:)

I'm actually staying up late tonight just out of curiosity. I had a good rate offered to me from one of the travel companies,however I wasnt' ready to

bite at that particular moment. I haven't found as good of of since.

Thanks for the tips!:)

So did you stay up late? Did you get any good deals? I am very curious about this, as I am watching airfare to Ft Lauderdale for August.

I too, am looking for air from PIT to MIA for this september. I have booked our return flight on American Airlines, as it is a direct flight and the price was $100.30 pp. I could live with that. I do not want any stopovers. I have been checking Airtran, US Airways and AA. I have not checked Southwest. I will have to do that. Our cruise is on the Freedom 9/10/06 sailing. We wanted to return home on Sunday when the ship returns. Our day to go down is undecided, as our anniversary is 9-9, and not sure what day we want to go down yet.

The prices on the sites do change daily. Our flight on AA was $100.30 pp for about a month, then it went up to about $300. pp, so as soon as I saw it back down to the $100. pp, I booked, and it was on a wed. morning (like 8AM EST) if this helps any.

GOOD LUCK!

I too, am looking for air from PIT to MIA for this september. I have booked our return flight on American Airlines, as it is a direct flight and the price was $100.30 pp. I could live with that. I do not want any stopovers.

GOOD LUCK!

Wow, I didn't realize that AA did one-way tickets at such a great rate (Like Southwest). Did you book through their website? Was it just a matter of looking for one-way tickets? Thanks for your help!!!:)

The best time to look for internet airline pricing is early morning or really late at night. And it is true that the Wednesday night savings from midnight to about 12:20 a.m. are better. We have done this before (along with several co-workers) and we definitely find dump pricing available.

The "dump" fares usually dump at midnight in the time zone where the headquarters (main hub) for that airline is. For instance, ATA (American Trans Air) is headquartered in Indianapolis, so the fares are dumped at midnight Indianapolis time. American airlines would be Houston time, etc., etc.

Funny, I just returned last night from a trip to the Hawaiian Islands. While there or on the plane, I was just reading about the best time. The article said Tuesday nights at midnight. Something about changing the specials at that time.

Archived