Norwegian Spirit

spanishguy1970

We  just booked NCL Spirit in August for 16 days from Vancouver to Hawaii. Has anyone been on the NCL Spirit? since it was refurbished? any highlights? Is our first time going back to a smaller ship in ages. LOL How is the spa Thermal suite? We may forfeit the Spa pass, not sure yet. Thank you.

We were on for 12 days in November.  We did not use the thermal Spa, but the posts I've seen describe it as beng pretty sparse.  No therapy pool and only a few of the heated loungers.  The ship was very nice, the staff was excellent.  I felt the bartenders in the Aft bar overlooking the H2O poll were not very friendly which was unlike any other staff i encountered.  The entertainment was excellent.  The same entertainers and performers did six or seven fully choreographed shows during the cruise, very talented and versatile.  Magicians and aerialist were excellent.  One singer was almost painful to watch, but that was an exception.

Food was generally good and plentiful.  The specialty restaurants were good.  Watch the menus in the main dining room, some entrees only came up once in the rotation, so if you see something you like, it may only be served  once.

We tend to like the smaller ships as we get to know the staff and they get to know you more.  The general manager and F&B director seemed to be everywhere, all the time.

The bedding was wonderful.

Hope this helps!       

• Like 2

The Spirit was totally refurbished.  There are some YouTube videos of her post refurbishment and I think NCL did a great job.   Here is YT video posted by Chris Frame to get you started. 

Edited by kjquilts
not sure of refurbishment date but know it was fairly recent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kjquilts said:

The Spirit was totally refurbished in 2020.  There are some YouTube videos of her post refurbishment and I think NCL did a great job.   Here is YT video posted by Chris Frame to get you started. 

Thank you so much, after no one replied to my post after a while i went to youtube and watched this video. Very nice. Will be nice going back to a smaller ship

There are other good videos on YT.  Tall Danny has one but I don't post his videos on CC because of the travel agency advertising.  He does do good videos so worth watching.

Have a wonderful cruise.  It's been quite a few years since we were on the Spirit and I'd love to experience her refurbishment.  We enjoy the smaller ships as well as the newer larger ones.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

There are other good videos on YT.  Tall Danny has one but I don't post his videos on CC because of the travel agency advertising.  He does do good videos so worth watching.

Have a wonderful cruise.  It's been quite a few years since we were on the Spirit and I'd love to experience her refurbishment.  We enjoy the smaller ships as well as the newer larger ones.

Thank you so much.  Oh yes tall Danny, I know who he is. we booked with his agency.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

Just off the Spirit.  Was good.  We normally like Thermal spa's on larger ships but Thermal spa is not worth the money on Spirit.  Only a small sauna and steam room plus a few heated loungers.  No pools. 

• Like 1

I was on the Spirit for 30 days in Oct/November 2022. French Polynesia and then Hawaii. It was very nice, and I love the refurbishment. I was on the Spirit when she was brand new and a time or two after that, and she was looking pretty rough... it was time for a face-life, and it totally did the ship justice! She looks brand new. The crew is fantastic, and the food was delicious everywhere. I loved how they were going for a more "adults-only" theme. It was lovely all around. 

As for the thermal suite... I was graciously gifted passes from the GM, and I don't think I went in there more than 3 times over the course of a month. Once was because I had a pounding headache and I just wanted to lay on a heated lounger for a while, and the others was because it was raining outside... But I would never spent the money for this thermal suite. It's super tiny and very few chairs. It is, however, very quiet, with nice calming music, and warm -- so it might be a nice place to read a book or just relax in peace... but for the cost, I think Spinnaker during the day would also do the trick! 

You will throughly enjoy your cruise on the Spirit! 

Robbie

Edited by romalley99

• 3 months later...
On 2/1/2023 at 2:03 PM, kjquilts said:

We LOVE 'Tall Danny''s YT videos.  He does an outstanding job - thorough, clear explanations of the benefits you get with a suite.  His videos are our 'go to' anytime we want to see a room or ship tour. 

• Like 3

On 2/1/2023 at 5:22 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

Thank you so much.  Oh yes tall Danny, I know who he is. we booked with his agency.

Youtubers whose name rhymes with "Sven and Lavid" (but with a "B" and "D" 😁) just got off the Spirit on the reverse of your trip. They usually post within 4 weeks of their cruise so you may want to keep querying YouTube.

We are taking the Spirit in 2025 for the Vancouver to Hawaii (if not cancelled by another private booking like they just did for 2024) and ARE SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1