Yet another stock shareholder question.....

Jetswdo

Ok, for those of you in the know:  If I own NCL stock that is shared with my adult daughter so that both our names are on each statement, how does this work for onboard credit?  Example 1:  Lets say we are both on the same cruise, different cabins.  Would each of us get the OBC?   Example 2:  We are not taking a cruise at the same time.  Would each of us be able to get OBC, as long as each of our names are on the account?  Thanks for all information.  Anita

My husband and I hold our NCL stock jointly and both of our names on our the statement from our financial institution showing our ownership, so the way you hold your stock is not unusual.

From our experience having used this benefit many times, we would expect that:

Example 1: Don't know exactly, but maybe.  Suggest submitting them as two separate requests to NCL in two separate emails (one yours and one your daughter).

Example 2: Yes.  The stock is treated as being owned by the individual who is making the request for the benefit.

Hope you get it in Example 1.  Enjoy your trip!

Here are the first two sentences on the footnotes for the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Offer

"Credit is applied on a per stateroom/suite basis. There can only be one credit per shareholder reservation on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms/suites and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom/suite booked must be held."

Thanks for the info.  I did contact NCL and was told for example 1,  I would have to purchase 200 shares in order for 2 separate stateroom bookings for OBC--  100 for one stateroom 100 for the other.

I don't want to  purchase more than the minimum requirement, so I will just have my daughter's name put on the stock certificate with mine, so that when she goes on her cruises she can get the credit same as myself.  I never thought about any of this until my stockbroker asked me if I just wanted my name on the stock or have it listed jointly.    Thanks again all.   Anita