early boarding

jbmwistex

On 2/5/2023 at 7:41 AM, BND said:

Baltimore does.  They also have a separate entrance for Key, Pinn and suites.  Since we always stay in a JS, we go in that entrance, but we pass by the regular line to get to the door and they have signs for times and they do check.

They weren't on my cruise in December. Granted, there was also no real line ....

On 2/5/2023 at 8:37 AM, JeffT237 said:

I just checked in for our March cruise on the Wonder out of PC.  I got on right when the times became available and got the 10:30 arrival time and in a couple of places it says to honor your arrival time or arrival outside your time slot will delay your boarding.  I'm sure a lot of this is asked of arriving passengers because it makes it easier for shore staff to manage the 6000+ arriving passengers shortly after disembarking the previous cruise.  I would also guess if it's not as big of a crowd at any given time they allow later times to board to make the process as efficient as possible.  Should we consider their operation or is it all about us?

By that logic should we "chair hog"? Maybe you do. The pool staff often doesn't enforce that rule so it must be OK and really only the busy bodies on CC care. How many times when boarding a plane does a passenger come on with an extra carry-on or personal item that is supposed to be under their seat but they take extra space in the overheads and your stuck checking your bag.  Rules for that that often go unenforced. I think Royal makes the mistake in thinking passengers will do what is asked of them. 

PC is better at having lines roped off early with signs for lines for suites, key and I saw signs with boarding times as well. How enforced it was leaves a little to be desired but it was sectioned off.

2 hours ago, SailyaCruise said:

Oh no.  We're on Oasis out of Port of Miami in December.  I'm nervous.  Most of us are in suites and are D+, but a few who are going with us and don't cruise will be clueless.  I'll probably stay behind with them and board with the non-suites then.  Err!  😬

When they did section it off they did start checking boarding passes for those in the suite line and telling those in the wrong line to move to the other long queue which made the ones right at the front mad as they were there before us and you can see how long the queue was when they started trying to sort people out (picture taken at 9:43 am) 

for suites it’s the doors to the far right. The non suites are to the far left. Aka the mass queue at the far end.! I don’t remember the last time I turned up so early to such a long line.

678300D1-8276-4E1E-B6C8-5078512E359D.jpeg

Edited by Spurschick