What does "paying for priority boarding" get you?

cruiseagona

We are platinum members but opted for the first time to pay extra for the priority boarding on Escape. We have a boarding time of 12:30.

1.Anyone have an idea of what time that will get us on the ship? Want to make entertainment reservations as close to 1 pm as I can.

2. Do you think it's worth the extra money? We will get "free room service breakfast", canapes on day 2 and something else also I believe.

3. Is this a new thing? I've never seen or heard of it before.

I paid for it on our last two cruises and I'm glad I did. We were able to board immediately after Haven on our Sky Caribbean cruise and that was great because the waiting area was packed. We boarded right after we checked in--I think it was noon for our cruise. We also use the spa, so the spa credit essentially covered the cost of Priority. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseagona said:

We are platinum members but opted for the first time to pay extra for the priority boarding on Escape. We have a boarding time of 12:30.

1.Anyone have an idea of what time that will get us on the ship? Want to make entertainment reservations as close to 1 pm as I can.

2. Do you think it's worth the extra money? We will get "free room service breakfast", canapes on day 2 and something else also I believe.

How much is it?   

3 hours ago, cruiseagona said:

Do you  have a boarding time of 1230 or a checkin time of 1230?  Not the same thing.

4 hours ago, cruiseagona said:

I think NCL started "offering" this pay-for program just before the pandemic hit?  I don't recall exactly, but most experiences have been since re-start.

If you are Platinum already, is there really any benefit to "early boarding perk" of this pay-for program?  You already get on just after haven, those needing assistance, and military...That is pretty much as early as you can get on if you are in the terminal when boarding begins.

If you arrive to the terminal late and boarding has already gotten to "group 1", you will be able to just go right on board as a Platinum.

We're not much for eating breakfast in our room, so honestly that isn't worth much in our eyes. 

Edited by JandC_Cruising