NCL Booking for March

stevex

Hey everyone - Haven't been on a cruise in a while, it's time.

I'm looking at the Getaway from NYC in mid-March (March Break for schools in Ontario).  We're driving distance to NYC, and the Getaway has the bunk beds that we need (kids don't want to share a bed).  So it's an exact match for what we're looking for.

Prices seem rather up from what they used to be.  For the four of is in a family balcony looks like around $6k, where we're used to closer to $4k.

I'm wondering if we should be booking *now*, or watch the pricing as the date approaches. Also, whether to book through NCL or an agent.

Any suggestions?  Wondering if I should just watch the deals over the next few weeks.  Any way to tell how full the ship is?

Thanks

-- Steve

Steve, I am booked on the Getaway for the February 26th sailing. For at least a week now, the only Getaway cruise in February which came up is the February 1st sailing. It's obvious that next three cruises on the Getaway are sold out. 

I recommend you hurry up and book, because your sailing will probably sell out. The ships are sailing full and there is a lot of demand right now.

8 minutes ago, stevex said:

Prices seem rather up from what they used to be.  For the four of is in a family balcony looks like around $6k, where we're used to closer to $4k.

Not sure which Free at Sea promotions you are taking, but be sure that you are assessing the price AFTER you put in the ages of your children.

IF you opt to take the Open Bar (drink package), the system first assumes all are over 21 and charges you the gratuity for that program for ALL passengers on the booking.  That's another $21.80 Per person per day included in your total that will be removed once you tell them the kids are under 21.

Ugh, not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks for the comments, sounds like I do need to move on it.

In a way I'm happy to hear the cruises are selling out at a price premium - that's good news for NCL.  Bad for my next vacation. 🙂