Carnival Venezia Sept 23 - Sept 29 2023

Haljo1935

I have avoided this forum thinking the more I look, the longer the time until the cruise. Sort of like a watch pot never boils. But, I got am email today the cruise is 30 days away. YAY!!!! My husband and I are going too, and I cannot wait. I need this getaway like a fat kid needs cake. This is only my second cruise and the first time out of New York, so I am excited for the sail away. I saw earlier on this forum how great the said away is.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 10:29 AM, Jamman54 said:

We just booked this cruise so we'll also be doing the 21 day B2B. Can't wait!!!Ā šŸ˜€

We just booked this one last week and will be with you on the B2B.

We will be turning diamond on the second leg.

Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Us as well. Same arrival time, Boarding Group A01. Same Muster Station.:classic_cool:

Ā 

I know it really doesn't make any difference what boarding group we are in, but just trying to figure out what it actually means and how it's assigned.Ā  I don't remember ever hearing boarding being called by boarding group number, but instead by those needing assistance, then Diamond next, then Platinum, Etc.

Ā 

How are the boarding groups assigned?Ā  I would have thought Diamond gets A01, but we are still Platinum and had A01 on our previous three cruises, so that can't be the case.Ā  If it goes by the order check-in is completed, we completed check-in for this one before 12:30AM (Eastern), so did two other boarding groups get filled up before 12:30?Ā  As I said I know it doesn't make any difference, but I was just curious.

23 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Ā 

I know it really doesn't make any difference what boarding group we are in, but just trying to figure out what it actually means and how it's assigned.Ā  I don't remember ever hearing boarding being called by boarding group number, but instead by those needing assistance, then Diamond next, then Platinum, Etc.

Ā 

How are the boarding groups assigned?Ā  I would have thought Diamond gets A01, but we are still Platinum and had A01 on our previous three cruises, so that can't be the case.Ā  If it goes by the order check-in is completed, we completed check-in for this one before 12:30AM (Eastern), so did two other boarding groups get filled up before 12:30?Ā  As I said I know it doesn't make any difference, but I was just curious.

Really don't have an answer for you. We check in right at midnight and as a Diamond,Ā  been assigned to boarding groups A01, A02, & A03. Like you said, it really doesn't matter because they start with weddings, Diamond,Ā  Platinum, FTTF,Ā  etc....šŸ˜Ž

Anyone know about the need of WiFi while onboard since we will be around Maine and Canada?Ā  I have AT&T and an international plan, just wondering if I need to buy the Carnival WiFi.Ā Ā 

Unfortunately, I will need to do a little work.Ā  šŸ˜’Ā 

6 hours ago, geojarvis said:

Anyone know about the need of WiFi while onboard since we will be around Maine and Canada?Ā  I have AT&T and an international plan, just wondering if I need to buy the Carnival WiFi.Ā Ā 

Unfortunately, I will need to do a little work.Ā  šŸ˜’Ā 

Cruise ships usually don't stay close enough to land that you can use land based cell service soon after leaving port.Ā  If you can get all of your work done while you are in port you'll be OK, but make sure to turn airplane mode back on soon after leaving port.Ā  If airplane mode is turned off, roaming does not allow you prevent Cellular at Sea as a provider once you are in international waters, and it will add up quickly if you aren't on a WiFi plan.Ā 

We have to start packing soon.Ā  We have to pack enough for 28 days and all different types of weather (7 day pre-cruise, this 6-day cruise and the 15-day Southern Caribbean after that)

We fly to DC this Saturday morning, and our Lyft pick-up is scheduled for 3:15AM.Ā  We will be spending the week in DC with our Son, Daughter-in-Law and our two youngest grand kids including the newest 3-week old.Ā  We will take Amtrak from there to Penn Station on the morning of the cruise, getting there at 8:45AM (only 2.1 miles from the Manhattan cruise Terminal).Ā  The limo is scheduled for 9:15 and or port arrival time is 10:00-10:30, so that should work out perfectly.

Ā 

I got the suitcases out and realized I hadn't finished unpacking everything from the cruise last month.Ā  It still had two bottles of wine, one bottle of Champagne, and one bottle of Grey Goose Vodka that we collected on the last one.Ā  Probably end up bringing home at least the same this time since we never open any of the bottles that they give us on board.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Cruise ships usually don't stay close enough to land that you can use land based cell service soon after leaving port.Ā  If you can get all of your work done while you are in port you'll be OK, but make sure to turn airplane mode back on soon after leaving port.Ā  If airplane mode is turned off, roaming does not allow you prevent Cellular at Sea as a provider once you are in international waters, and it will add up quickly if you aren't on a WiFi plan.Ā 

That is good information, thank you!Ā Ā 

Just noticed that the weather is not looking good Saturday out of NYC for this sailing.Ā  Will this cause any issues with the cruise or itinerary? No matter what,Ā  we are a little disappointed because one of the highlights that we were looking forward to is sailing out of NYC.Ā  It looks now like it could be raining pretty hard with strong winds as we leave.Ā  Ā 

2 hours ago, ohio edge said:

Just noticed that the weather is not looking good Saturday out of NYC for this sailing.Ā  Will this cause any issues with the cruise or itinerary? No matter what,Ā  we are a little disappointed because one of the highlights that we were looking forward to is sailing out of NYC.Ā  It looks now like it could be raining pretty hard with strong winds as we leave.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Carnival Venezia 09/23/2023: Our Fleet Operations Center is actively monitoring Tropical Cyclone 16 in the Atlantic. At present, there is no change to our sailing plan. We will continue to monitor the weather and provide updates should there be any impact to your embarkation. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have received our final update. Thank you for your understanding.

2 hours ago, ohio edge said:

Just received a weather advisory email from Carnival. It says not to go to the Terminal until a final update is issued.Ā  Oh boy.

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Just received a weather advisory email from Carnival. It says not to go to the Terminal until a final update is issued.Ā  Oh boy.

Even with Lee and all the weather that was happening on 9/16, we never received any communication from Carnival for that sail date. Of course, all went well.

I remain hopeful for you guys and know we will see you soon.

28 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Even with Lee and all the weather that was happening on 9/16, we never received any communication from Carnival for that sail date. Of course, all went well.

I remain hopeful for you guys and know we will see you soon.

Ā 

Just a reminder that everyone should make sure they are signed up for text alerts.

Ā 

This was part of an email from Carnival:
. . .For future updates, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts. For your sailing, please text the code below to CRUISE (278473):Ā 

• Carnival Venezia from New York ā€“ text CCL1.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Royal Caribbean already cancelled the Vision of the Seas cruise that was supposed to leave tomorrow from Baltimore.Ā  Baltimore is only 190 miles South of Manhattan, so I wonder what is going to happen with our cruise.Ā  Still no more updates from Carnival.

Please keep us posted - those of us already on for B2B are not hearing anything. Safe travels, whatever it may be.

• Like 1