Cave Tours Bonaire

cruising_rocket_scientist

Has anyone done the cave tour with Dirk at Cave Tours Bonaire? We've heard good things about it, and we have a tour booked. How is the activity level? We're not super fit, but we can do most things. Our biggest concern is getting there since they don't provide transportation. Did you rent a car? Did you take a taxi? Is there driving between the caves? We are really excited to do this tour, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get there.

• 3 months later...

We had a great time! This was probably the craziest, most adventurous, tour we have ever done! It is definitely not a "tourist" tour, and not for the faint of heart. But it was truly amazing! Dirk was kind and patient and extremely knowledgeable. We did a dry cave, followed by a wet cave where we did a little snorkeling. An honest to goodness once in a lifetime adventure!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting about this excursion.  I would definitely love to go on this, but my wife has a knee replacement and the the site says it is too strenuous for that condition.  Do you think that would be the case?  She gets around just fine but we were also concerned as the website also mentioned crawling, which she would have trouble with.

Seems like a better question for your wife's doctor but at the same time, the website says "they should not have artificial joints" which I would think is an immediate disqualifier.  I did this tour with Dirk last year and don't recall any crawling, but one cave required climbing down a ladder and the second had some larger obstacles to climb up or down and entering and exiting the cave required a rope for assistance - not full belaying - just to give help get up and down the steep rocky entrance. Nor sure if there are additional caves that he may go to.  There are a handful of cave videos on youtube that give a good indication of what's inside