Spa thermal pool bookings on B2B cruise

greensprout

Just booked a B2B on Niew Amsterdam, 19 Mar to 2 April.  While I have been able to book excursions and specialty dining for both legs, and have purchased the thermal spa access for the first 7 days, I cannot find a way online to continue the spa access for the second week.  I'd be happy to pay for it now.  

Any suggestions?

I called HAL a few days ago to inquire about why I couldn't book the crew appreciation online successfully; I kept getting an error message about "entering the wrong amount". But the amount is pre-populated so this made no sense to me. Anyway, about 1.5 hours later, between on-holds and transfers and unsuccessful conversations with several agents, I finally got some special services person who explained that there was a glitch with the currency conversion rate in the system and he would override it, and took my information. Finally that was done. So, I asked superman what the deal was with only having the first leg (10 days) of a 21 day cruise available to book for the thermal spa, when I could book dining and excursions for the whole length. Crickets...other than to say "you have to go to the spa once onboard and book the rest".

• Like 1

It does seem to be a problem unique to the thermal spa pass. Other spa treatments are bookable pre-cruise for the entire cruise, but of course you reserve a specific day and time, not a cruise-duration pass. I would guess that the programmers haven't put enough thought into this glitch either!

I recall others saying on these boards a few weeks ago, that once you are on board for a multi-leg (collector) cruise, you can no longer book dining or excursions for the next leg. So, do as much as possible pre-cruise for things important to you! (and then hope that the excursions aren't cancelled...!)🙏

On 2/4/2023 at 11:47 AM, greensprout said:

Just booked a B2B on Niew Amsterdam, 19 Mar to 2 April.  While I have been able to book excursions and specialty dining for both legs, and have purchased the thermal spa access for the first 7 days, I cannot find a way online to continue the spa access for the second week.  I'd be happy to pay for it now.  

Any suggestions?

It is usually cheaper to pay on the first day of the cruise.  They often have a special offer - go to the Spa soon after you arrive.  On back to back I usually renew on the last day of the first cruise.