Renting a fridge on the Zaandam

Sherry H

As our ocean view cabin does not have a fridge I am thinking of renting one.  We have had a fridge on all of our other HAL cruises.  It was well stocked and as 4 star mariners, we received 50% off the cost of the drinks.  Hoping if we rent a fridge it can be filled and we will receive our 50% savings.

Does anyone have an answer for me?  Thanks in advance.

Room stewards are responsible for stocking the fridge now. They have been very helpful in keeping a supply of Cokes in my fridge, both on NSDM in October and so far on ZUID. All priced with 4* now 5* discount

9 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

I didn't realize there are cabins without a fridge. How would I find out if my booked cabins have fridges? In 25 years, I've never had a cabin without a fridge. Is this something new?

Zaandam and Volendam are the only two ships left that don't have a fridge in the inside and outside cabins. Any cabin with a verandah has a fridge. All other ships have a fridge in all cabins.

For Zaandam and Volendam there is a small charge for the fridge, but really no good place to put it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies.  I had seen in photos that several ocean view cabins had cans of soda on the desk.  I am hoping that our room stewards will keep our fridge supplied with our preferred drinks and that we will receive our 4 star discount.

1 hour ago, Sherry H said:

Thanks for the replies.  I had seen in photos that several ocean view cabins had cans of soda on the desk.  I am hoping that our room stewards will keep our fridge supplied with our preferred drinks and that we will receive our 4 star discount.

You will. I always have without a problem but some have mentioned having to check with Guest Services about it. I have easily ordered 6 or 12 at a time and received the 4* Mariner Pricing.

• Thanks 1