Referral program

VermeulT

Anyone know the best department at HAL to contact regarding the Referral program?  I referred my nephew's girlfriend before booking our March cruise.  I booked us.  But I'm not showing the referral or the $50 OBC credit for either of us.  I'd like to find out what went "wrong" with our process.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Anyone know the best department at HAL to contact regarding the Referral program?  I referred my nephew's girlfriend before booking our March cruise.  I booked us.  But I'm not showing the referral or the $50 OBC credit for either of us.  I'd like to find out what went "wrong" with our process.

Thanks.

Good luck. I referred two other couples (all new to HAL) to our Scotland cruise in April and got nothing. Booked through PCC and she said I would have had to enter their info online and they would need to book through an emailed link or something complicated. They just booked through my PCC after I booked so everything could be linked together. She couldn’t add it and I didn’t want to jump through hoops for $50 but it is a little sucky that they make it so complicated. 

The mechanics: 

"4. How to refer a friend. Visit the Site and follow the on-screen instructions to fill out the “Refer a Friend” web form on the Site with all requested information. Then, HAL will verify if the referred friend is eligible and, if so, will distribute an email to such individual that invites them to participate in the Program.

"After being deemed eligible, the referred friend must book an eligible HAL voyage [my emphasis added] and, while booking, must enter the referrer’s first name, last name, and email into the webform. Once the referred friend creates a booking on an eligible voyage, the referred friend shall receive a $50 USD onboard credit (“OBC”), with a limit of $50 USD OBC per stateroom booked in connection with the referral. When the referred friend booking hits final payment date or full payment is received, whichever comes later, the referrer will receive a $50 USD Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”). HAL shall not be responsible for honoring the Program if the referred friend does not successfully input the referrer’s Mariner number when booking. OBC and FCCs are promotional credits and are subject to the additional terms set forth herein and in Section 6."

source:  https://refer.hollandamerica.com/zone/terms

And the programme itself is third-party provisioned -- Extole -- which is likely why no one internal to HAL is able to assist.   https://www.extole.com/powered-by-extole/    Scott. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

The mechanics: 

"4. How to refer a friend. Visit the Site and follow the on-screen instructions to fill out the “Refer a Friend” web form on the Site with all requested information. Then, HAL will verify if the referred friend is eligible and, if so, will distribute an email to such individual that invites them to participate in the Program.

"After being deemed eligible, the referred friend must book an eligible HAL voyage [my emphasis added] and, while booking, must enter the referrer’s first name, last name, and email into the webform. Once the referred friend creates a booking on an eligible voyage, the referred friend shall receive a $50 USD onboard credit (“OBC”), with a limit of $50 USD OBC per stateroom booked in connection with the referral. When the referred friend booking hits final payment date or full payment is received, whichever comes later, the referrer will receive a $50 USD Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”). HAL shall not be responsible for honoring the Program if the referred friend does not successfully input the referrer’s Mariner number when booking. OBC and FCCs are promotional credits and are subject to the additional terms set forth herein and in Section 6."

source:  https://refer.hollandamerica.com/zone/terms

And the programme itself is third-party provisioned -- Extole -- which is likely why no one internal to HAL is able to assist.   https://www.extole.com/powered-by-extole/    Scott. 

Perhaps it's the "eligible HAL Voyage" part...

and I'm not quite sure I understand "while booking, must enter the referrer’s first name, last name, and email into the webform" part.  We are in the same cabin and in the same booking with my mariner number so that part was set. 

Of course she's no longer eligible since she now has a mariner number. 

29 minutes ago, Bostonjetset said:

Good luck. I referred two other couples (all new to HAL) to our Scotland cruise in April and got nothing. Booked through PCC and she said I would have had to enter their info online and they would need to book through an emailed link or something complicated. They just booked through my PCC after I booked so everything could be linked together. She couldn’t add it and I didn’t want to jump through hoops for $50 but it is a little sucky that they make it so complicated. 

Sucky indeed. 

I promote HAL to everyone I know... never expecting more than that they have a wonderful vacation.  I finally have a new to cruising friend that I know is ready to book and the terms are too complicated.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

We are in the same cabin and in the same booking with my mariner number so that part was set. 

The referred friend is a plus one on your booking and not their own?   You are the 'referrer'.  The 'referred' would be your nephew's gf -- but she would have to be on her own booking. Perhaps I am misunderstanding ?   And per the terms of the programme you get FCC for your next booking only when she is paid in full / past final payment, while the referred party gets 50$ OBC for their current booking.    Scott. 

4 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

The referred friend is a plus one on your booking and not their own?   You are the 'referrer'.  The 'referred' would be your nephew's gf -- but she would have to be on her own booking. Perhaps I am misunderstanding ?   And per the terms of the programme you get FCC for your next booking only when she is paid in full / past final payment, while the referred party gets 50$ OBC for their current booking.    Scott. 

so the fact that we're on the same booking is [one of] the issue[s]?