Vibe Beach Club questions….

cruisinpips

I have watched many videos on the vibe beach club, we will be on the Encore in December. All the other ships have nice padded chairs in the vibe and the chairs in the vibe on the Encore are not padded and only have an attachable headrest to a standard chair, the chairs look so uncomfortable, has anyone else noticed how inferior the vibe chairs look on the Encore compared to the other Vibe chairs on the other ships? Even the armrests on the chairs look uncomfortable. 

Edited by Noworkforme23

18 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

I have watched many videos on the vibe beach club, we will be on the Encore in December. All the other ships have nice padded chairs in the vibe and the chairs in the vibe on the Encore are not padded and only have an attachable headrest to a standard chair, the chairs look so uncomfortable, has anyone else noticed how inferior the vibe chairs look on the Encore compared to the other Vibe chairs on the other ships? Even the armrests on the chairs look uncomfortable. 

This is probably my only complaint from the Encore Vibe.  I will admit they were not  as uncomfortable as I expected, but the padded loungers in the other Vibe's are superior.  One thing to note though, is that the Encore Vibe has a second level with several two person day bed loungers that are padded.  

4 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

This is probably my only complaint from the Encore Vibe.  I will admit they were not  as uncomfortable as I expected, but the padded loungers in the other Vibe's are superior.  One thing to note though, is that the Encore Vibe has a second level with several two person day bed loungers that are padded.  

Thank you. Yes, I saw that too.  I am glad it is not just me about the chairs, just does not look like Vibe chairs at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JandC_Cruising said:

How about the loungers in the cabanas?  Are they padded?

10 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

The Encore has 4 cabanas on the port side, and I recall those being 2-person padded loungers....There is also 1 covered cushioned love-seat on starboard side.

Thank you!  We have a cabana reserved for our February 2024 Encore cruise.  We are huge Vibe fans.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We booked a Getaway cruise for 12/6 earlier this month.  Regular Vibe passes are not currently available, but we were able to snag a cabana. I'm hoping it will cut down on the cold wind so that we can use it more often despite a winer sailing. We usually sail on the Gem in the summer and this is our first time on Getaway and in Vibe.

I have a question about the "specialty food and drink menu" - has anyone seen a picture posted?  Or does anyone know what's on these menus?  Also is OBC credit still offered for the cabana?  It wasn't mentioned in the description, but I've seen posts that it comes with $100 OBC.  Not sure if they are still offering this.

Thank you to the posters who put up videos of the Vibe, Haven, and the Thermal Spa.  We are in a spa balcony this time so don't have to worry about Thermal passes. Can't wait to try that salt room! And the heated tile loungers are the best! 

51 minutes ago, dachengdao said:

We booked a Getaway cruise for 12/6 earlier this month.  Regular Vibe passes are not currently available, but we were able to snag a cabana. I'm hoping it will cut down on the cold wind so that we can use it more often despite a winer sailing. We usually sail on the Gem in the summer and this is our first time on Getaway and in Vibe.

I have a question about the "specialty food and drink menu" - has anyone seen a picture posted?  Or does anyone know what's on these menus?  Also is OBC credit still offered for the cabana?  It wasn't mentioned in the description, but I've seen posts that it comes with $100 OBC.  Not sure if they are still offering this.

Thank you to the posters who put up videos of the Vibe, Haven, and the Thermal Spa.  We are in a spa balcony this time so don't have to worry about Thermal passes. Can't wait to try that salt room! And the heated tile loungers are the best! 

The $100 OBC for a cabana is long gone.  

We have been in the Vibe on the Escape, Getaway and Joy.  Only when we were on the Escape the second time, we were allowed to order food from the Haven snack menu.   That was in 2019 and I have not read anyone being offered this in any Vibe since.   

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:34 PM, dachengdao said:

We booked a Getaway cruise for 12/6 earlier this month.  Regular Vibe passes are not currently available, but we were able to snag a cabana....

Is it your understanding that the cabana is yours for the entire cruise?  If so, what a great snag!

Both the regular Vibe Pass and Cabanas are available for our August cruise, but I honestly don't see either being much of a draw as we zip up to Alaska.  

Hope you enjoy your legitimate reserved chair for the cruise.  Leave a towel and a book out there all day!  🙂 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Is it your understanding that the cabana is yours for the entire cruise?  If so, what a great snag!

Both the regular Vibe Pass and Cabanas are available for our August cruise, but I honestly don't see either being much of a draw as we zip up to Alaska.  

Hope you enjoy your legitimate reserved chair for the cruise.  Leave a towel and a book out there all day!  🙂 

The Alaska cruise is definitely on our bucket list! Hope you have a wonderful time this August. Yes! I understand that the cabanas are assigned so no more chair hogs! Yay!!! 

On 2/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, Juncti said:

Good luck, we used to do the relay to get tickets right when we got on board. Now with the pre-sell. We call NCL to book once we've narrowed down some dates that work, and we don't book until they confirm vibe availability. Then we book both at the same time with the agent.

We take the same cruise because it's a 15 minute drive from the pier to our house, the same ports, same boat. So a lot of the time we just stay in the vibe instead of ports. We get a lot of use out of it. 

Usually meet some cool people too. 

How does the pre sell work?

Thanks

On 5/2/2023 at 5:42 PM, breadandbutter said:

How does the pre sell work?

Thanks

She just calls the NCL number from the website to book, tells them the dates we're looking at and asks them to check Vibe availability. Last 2 cruises we booked a different week because one had vibe openings and the other was sold out. We tend to book far enough out that we can adjust forward or backward as needed on dates. 

On 2/16/2023 at 1:34 PM, vacation44 said:

Are the Vibe passes now being sold at 120 days out?   We were fortunate to grab them immediately for our two 2024 cruises when they first changed the procedure.    Now, we have a 2025 sailing booked and I was told they can be purchased at 120 days out.     Anyone have any recent success at securing them out of the 120 days?

I bought them yesterday for Encore 212 days out. They have been available for our Getaway cruise since day 200or so.

On 2/17/2023 at 12:32 AM, Deacon22 said:

Basically a small area where you pay so no one can get in with you and you can have a lounge chair and get a drink in less than two minutes. 😁. I’m sure I wasted 589$. 

I think that the main reason to pay for it is that it's adults only.

Hi.  We are pretty much sold on purchasing Vibe on Breakaway out of NOLA late March 2024 since it will be spring break,  Our 3 main goals is to have shade available, not being overwhelmed by kids and short bar line. I would like to get thoughts on the Cabanas. I have read people say they are not worth it as they can get extremally hot and you can't adjust the shade so depending on time of day and ship travel you may not have shade in the cabana but also concerned about not getting cabana and then being too windy to use umbrellas. Thoughts?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, jpegcruise said:

Hi.  We are pretty much sold on purchasing Vibe on Breakaway out of NOLA late March 2024 since it will be spring break,  Our 3 main goals is to have shade available, not being overwhelmed by kids and short bar line. I would like to get thoughts on the Cabanas. I have read people say they are not worth it as they can get extremally hot and you can't adjust the shade so depending on time of day and ship travel you may not have shade in the cabana but also concerned about not getting cabana and then being too windy to use umbrellas. Thoughts?  Thanks.

We have never had a cabana in the Vibe, but did go ahead and book one for our February 2024 Encore cruise.    The total cost was $141 more and my thought was that if it does get too hot, we can always use a lounger not in the Cabana.   I have not come across any rule that prohibits it and there are always of plenty loungers to go around.    

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 12:34 PM, vacation44 said:

Are the Vibe passes now being sold at 120 days out?   We were fortunate to grab them immediately for our two 2024 cruises when they first changed the procedure.    Now, we have a 2025 sailing booked and I was told they can be purchased at 120 days out.     Anyone have any recent success at securing them out of the 120 days?

I just purchased Vibe Passes and we are still 167 days out.  Cabana's were all sold out.  

• 2 weeks later...

@roobqnCould you share how you did this? We are at  120 days and it’s not available online or on the app. We are Club Balcony, so should have been able to book at 125, but when I called they said we can book at 120. We are at 120 and online chat informed me it’s not available until 21 days before. 

Edited by icicles

roobqnCould you share how you did this? We are at  120 days and it’s not available online or on the app. We are Club Balcony, so should have been able to book at 125, but when I called they said we can book at 120. We are at 120 and online chat informed me it’s not available until 21 days before. 

The message online/app said Too Early to Book, Check Back 7/28/23.

Now it says Not Available to Book. Please check back later or once on board.

Edited by icicles

9 hours ago, icicles said:

roobqnCould you share how you did this? We are at  120 days and it’s not available online or on the app. We are Club Balcony, so should have been able to book at 125, but when I called they said we can book at 120. We are at 120 and online chat informed me it’s not available until 21 days before. 

The message online/app said Too Early to Book, Check Back 7/28/23.

Now it says Not Available to Book. Please check back later or once on board.

I think many have said this is a system glitch. I have Vibe booked for 2 upcoming cruises, both more than 120 days out. I have always had success with chatting with them, so I would say to keep chatting or calling daily (as annoying as it is) to get them to add it for you 🤷🏼‍♂️