Carnival Legend from NYC,HELP!

I am getting married aboard the Legend In NYC in on 9/20/04 and I was wondering if anyone had any info at all about this cruise and the port. Has anyone been married on this ship? We are going up a day ahead of time to have a family dinner(about 20 people)and I would like to find hotel close to the port. I did a search and came up with the Holiday Inn Midtown as a possibility but not sure about how close it really is. Another concern is a nice restaurant for dinner that will accomadate a larger party.And then of course as bride the thing I'm most concerned with...my HAIR! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img].I have no idea where to go and am so afraid that I will not be happy. At least at home I can do a trial run. Does anyone have any ideas or experiences to share? I really do appreciate any help anyone can offer.

I am getting married on the Legend out of NYC on 5/15/04. I'll have to come back and let you know how it goes. I did notice you said you were going up the day before. I am pretty sure you need to have your license for at least 24 hours before getting married. That would mean you should go up 2 days early at least. You might want to double check.

Grand Princess - May'03
Voyager of the Seas - Sept. '02
NCL - Mar. '02
Carnival Paradise - Sept. '01
Carnival Triumph - Aug. '99

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;05;15;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  till my 5/15/04 Wedding on Carnival Legend!

Congratulations! You must be so excited. It really would be great to hear about your wedding experience with Carnival. I haven't come across anyone who's married aboard this ship from NYC. Since we live within 2 hours of the City we've decided to take a trip there a month before and check things out. At that time we'll get our license. Do you know the location of the marrriage license office? I look forward to hearing about your day.

• 2 months later...
How are your wedding plans coming? I will be a Carnival Legend Bride in May 2005. Our quests and we will be coming from Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Did you find a hotel near the ship? How about a hairdresser? I am thinking about possibly busing my guests to the wedding. Have you made any plans for transportation?

For your family dinner, I would suggest Carmine's Restaurant in NYC. Their food is fabulous, they should have no problem with a party your size. Their food is served family style, with very large portions. Make sure your guests arrive hungry.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='SeptemberBride']I am getting married aboard the Legend In NYC in on 9/20/04 and I was wondering if anyone had any info at all about this cruise and the port. Has anyone been married on this ship? We are going up a day ahead of time to have a family dinner(about 20 people)and I would like to find hotel close to the port. I did a search and came up with the Holiday Inn Midtown as a possibility but not sure about how close it really is. Another concern is a nice restaurant for dinner that will accomadate a larger party.And then of course as bride the thing I'm most concerned with...my HAIR! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img].I have no idea where to go and am so afraid that I will not be happy. At least at home I can do a trial run. Does anyone have any ideas or experiences to share? I really do appreciate any help anyone can offer.[/QUOTE]
Hi
I was on cruise critic forum trying to get info on vow renewals/weddings. Also called
Carnival Fun Ship Wedding Dept. for photos of chapel (when decorated) & pictures of
wedding cake with topper, bouquet, bountonniere, ect. No Luck!
I was wondering if you could send me any info or photos you might have.
September 20th only a few weeks away already booked pkgs with no details -Getting
Nervous!
Thanks for any help you might have &
good luck with your wedding!

[email="blondeys511@aol.com"]blondeys511@aol.com[/email]

Archived