NCL Air - Southampton

MissBreezy

Hello! I'm hoping this isn't too annoying of a question but couldn't find it answered elsewhere. We are sailing out of Southampton this summer and have booked our flights from Canada with NCL on the promo with a 1 day deviation on each end. The one thing NCL couldn't tell me though is if their flights would likely have us coming into Southampton or London. Does anyone have experience with this? Do they typically aim to have you arrive in the port city you are departing from?

I'm only wondering for the purposes of booking hotel or transfers, the other bits of the mystery don't bother me too much 🙂 

Thank you!

The last time I had a cruise out of Southampton, the airport they used was Heathrow just outside of London.  I had a hotel package in London the night before and transportation from the hotel to the ship in Southampton.

I booked everything through my local travel agency.  It worked very well for me but that was for a cruise in January 2014.

21 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Southampton is mainly domestic (I believe that it has a few very short haul flights to places like Ireland or France). NCL won’t fly you in to Southampton.

Gatwick is a possibility, but it is most likely to be Heathrow.

This is what I kind of assumed with it being a smaller airport, thank you for confirming that!

We are also flying to 'London' (Heathrow) with NCL's air this summer.   We've always flown to Heathrow in the past.  We chose to take National Express bus to Southampton on our own and then stay at a hotel on the waterfront the night before the cruise.  Works well for us.  

35 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We are also flying to 'London' (Heathrow) with NCL's air this summer.   We've always flown to Heathrow in the past.  We chose to take National Express bus to Southampton on our own and then stay at a hotel on the waterfront the night before the cruise.  Works well for us.  

Appreciate your experience as I was just pondering National Express yesterday! I booked a second refundable hotel at the airport just in case the timing is wonky with the flights but hoping to transfer to Southampton and stay there the night before rather than Heathrow area 🙂

I also vote for the National Express bus to Southampton from Heathrow. We always stay at the same charming hotel (the name escapes me, but it's close to the port so easy to take a cab the next AM).

My only quibble is that the bus travels through Winchester and they never stop at the cathedral so I can run in and see Jane Austen's grave!  So close and yet so far.

• Like 1