Northern Lights

jay888

3 hours ago, jay888 said:

Hi, has anyone done the Northern Lights in November, how cold will it be and how layers of clothing with need.  Also, is there recommendations on what see and do, TIA.

Is that R321 on Aurora or J317 on Arcadia?

We have done two Northern Lights cruises. Each time it was very cold with snow. Layers with a good warm and waterproof coat are essential as is a good pair of waterproof boots with good tread. 

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Is that R321 on Aurora or J317 on Arcadia?

We have done two Northern Lights cruises. Each time it was very cold with snow. Layers with a good warm and waterproof coat are essential as is a good pair of waterproof boots with good tread. 

R321 on the Aurora, I know it is not guaranteed that you see the Northern Lights,  I’m hoping we will.

My advice would be to use smaller group private excursions which use VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito type vans rather than the ships coach tours. Traipsing on and off a coach regularly and the herding of a coach load of passengers is tiresome and not a great experience. 
Layers is the way to go and good footwear is essential, we used our motorcycle neck/face coverings which were an absolute godsend and easy to roll down for the essential hot chocolate drinks and biscuits. 0FC50CFD-FD04-4309-A82E-011D27EAEDC6.thumb.jpeg.8aec4c046dc81ada0226d6203e13b7fd.jpeg

21 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We are on the same cruise. Looking forward to getting back on Aurora.

I haven’t been on the Aurora since 2006 and this is one of my bucket list cruise and I can’t  wait