How far will porters take luggage in Galveston?

Damikaan

We are set to park in the covered parking at the Galveston port. At the time I booked it, my dock was just across the street. Since then, they moved us to the next dock. I have elderly parents with me. Does anyone know if a porter would be willing to take our luggage all the way from port 2 to the covered parking garage?

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Damikaan said:

We are set to park in the covered parking at the Galveston port. At the time I booked it, my dock was just across the street. Since then, they moved us to the next dock. I have elderly parents with me. Does anyone know if a porter would be willing to take our luggage all the way from port 2 to the covered parking garage?

Thanks!

What ship and what is your understanding what Port 2 is ????

10 minutes ago, ssb said:

The top image is terminal #10 for all Royal Caribbean ships . 

the bottom image are terminals # 25 (old1) and 

#  28 (old 2) for all other cruise lines ships 

40502E96-6A5C-4377-BFFE-88BE416BB747.jpeg

A972382B-7FD6-44FD-962E-73B0B9258359.jpeg

Not porter . Are you booked into Official Port of Galveston covered parking lot OR one’s parking lots-you have to walk from ?  

Edited by ssb

It is the official Port of Galveston covered Parking garage. It is listed on the map above in a Green Rectangle as SMP Garage. Google maps showed it as a .2 mile walk to Cruise terminal 28. I know porters will take luggage to where you meet shuttles, but there is no shuttle for the garage so I wondered if they would take us all the way to the garage. 

3 minutes ago, Damikaan said:

It is the official Port of Galveston covered Parking garage. It is listed on the map above in a Green Rectangle as SMP Garage. Google maps showed it as a .2 mile walk to Cruise terminal 28. I know porters will take luggage to where you meet shuttles, but there is no shuttle for the garage so I wondered if they would take us all the way to the garage. 

My understanding is NO. What I have done when my parents used to cruise has had them and the luggage wait at the terminal. I would walk or shuttle to the lot, pickup my car, then drive over pick them up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damikaan said:

If you are sure there is no shuttle walk across street and retrieve vehicle and go back to pick up everyone and the luggage . Good luck 😀

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, Damikaan said:

Thanks for the replies! I was hoping to avoid dealing with traffic to get back to the terminal, but I guess that is my only option. 

I understand that parking reservations can be cancelled within 24 hours of departure.  Perhaps you can cancel your existing reservation and make one for the express lot. Good luck.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, Damikaan said:

Thanks for the replies! I was hoping to avoid dealing with traffic to get back to the terminal, but I guess that is my only option. 

There is little or no traffic.  One of our traveling friends gets the car, returning to pick all of us up with luggage.  Drops us off at home on the island then heads to Dallas.  

On 2/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, Galveston Cruiser said:

There is little or no traffic.  One of our traveling friends gets the car, returning to pick all of us up with luggage.  Drops us off at home on the island then heads to Dallas.  

I would not say little or no but I would say very manageable.  And pickup crowding is pretty well controlled by the security staff.  Follow the signs, it appears that you have to drive through the Carnival pickup area but there is a back route that bypasses that terminal and takes you to the Princess pickup area (keep an eye out for the turnoff to the Princess area or you'll end having to circle around again!!!!)

Just off the Ruby Princess. We left out of Pier 1 and returned to Pier 2. Both departing and arriving, I left my parents and luggage at the pier and quickly and easily walked to the parking garage. We were the first group off the ship so there wasn't much traffic. So it all worked out really  well.

• Thanks 1