NCL Getaway | Transatlantic | June 2023 | Port Canaveral to Lisbon

MKandA

• 2 months later...

Hello, husband and I are also booked on this transatlantic cruise. We live in Orlando and this is our second cruise. Looking forward to eating great food as well as visiting Portugal. It is also our first trip to Europe. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello MKandA (and Mirroring)

Just curious if you guys found many others aboard. I came across a great deal on this cruise and was thinking about taking it. The only problem is that I've never sailed by myself and am a bit hesitant about it being 12 days without much to do and alone.

Interested to hear back! 🙂

A in DC

• Like 1

Hey Emailguy269 and Mirroring - 

I havent been on here in awhile, when I initially posted, there weren't any responses so I stopped checking.  Glad to hear from both of you.  We haven't heard from others but there always seems to be a good group of guys on all NCL ships.  We went on one this spring and met a great group.  We are looking forward to the rest and relaxation with limited ports - too many ports can be a bit hectic.  This will give us time to rest and regenerate.  I would assume there is a LGBTQ meet up on the agenda - usually at the martini bar.  We will plan on attending that for sure.  Hope to see you both on board!

Hello Emailguy369 and MKandA,

We will attend the meetup to say hello. Reading the forums emailguy369, it seems that the cruise will have plenty of single travellers onboard. Looking forward in meeting you guys. There are plenty of sea days to rest, unwind, and meet folks.We booked this cruise because the offer was too good to passup. A great cruise to disconnect from the daily grind and make new friends! Reading a sample Freestyle Daily online, there are plenty of activities to partake in. You can find a sample here.   https://freestyletravelers.com/blog/freestyle-daily-eastern-caribbean-getaway 

Thanks for the replies, guys.

The cruise is a great deal - just a bit expensive to fly back to the States for me in DC.

I's still researching which itinerary I want to do, but I will be making my choice soon. (The continuation of this itinerary from Lisbon to Rome looks more interesting with many more ports. I sort of hate to go on this trip and rarely get off the ship.)

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

A

Just an update. I booked this cruise so I hopefully I'll see you guys on board. I am actually taking a follow-on cruise from Lisbon. I couldn't pass up spending some time visiting some other European cities while I was there.

A in DC

• Like 2

Sorry to bother you again, but did you guys find a good excursion company for the Azores? There's only one ship excursion available there, and I don't particularly care about swimming with the dolphins 😀

I'd rather go out to the craters or something.

Hello emailguy, we booked the Sete Cidades Crater Lake excursion for the Azores provided by the cruiseline and then where planning to explore the town of Ponta Delgada and eat the local cuisine. Like in most cruise ports, there might be tour companies offering tours when you get off the ship if you can't find one through NCL. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 3:50 PM, emailguy369 said:

OK, thanks! it appears all the excursions are sold out for Azores. Maybe something will become available once we set sail.

Hi!! We booked the Furnas Valley excursion through NCL awhile back. That’s the only excursion we booked in advance. We’ll just be winging it on the other stops :)

• Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 5:33 PM, MKandA said:

Hi!! We booked the Furnas Valley excursion through NCL awhile back. That’s the only excursion we booked in advance. We’ll just be winging it on the other stops 🙂

Great. There was an opening on the Sete Cidades Crater Lake excursion in the Azores so I snapped it up. Might as well use the "free excursion promo" when I have a chance.

I am doing the SCENIC VILLAGE & COASTAL VIEWS in Funchal. But, I don't plan to do anything at the private island. I never find that too interesting.

Hopefully, I will have some time to do something in Lisbon once we arrive and before my next leg.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Hopefully we will run into each other. 

Andy (e-mailguy369)

• Like 1