How much time?

ange11

Hi there cruisers,

Can anybody tell me please how long between disembarking the QM2 in Southampton and arriving at Southampton station for the train to Waterloo?  Is allowing about 2 hors enough? I would like to pre buy my tickets before sailing from NYC.

Cheers.

If you arrive at the Ocean Terminal (mostly used by QM2) it is just under 2 miles to the Central railway station. Should another dock be used, it would be even closer. A taxi would take about 10 minutes, as often the roads in area are quite congested.

Have a look on Google maps, just so you are familiar with where you need to go.

Even though the traffic in Southampton can be dire when there are several ships in, I should have thought the main obstacle to your catching your chosen train would be the late arrival of the ship. This rarely happens, but is not unknown. But two hours should be more than enough, once you are off.

If the driver doesn’t ask, let them know you are taking the train to London, so they drop you at the most convenient side of the station. That way it is a short walk over flat ground onto the platform.

Under usual circumstances two hours will be sufficient from walking off the ship to arriving at the station.