Galveston Express Lot

Tiger100

I have a parking reservation for the express lot an the directions say to turn on 37th St. then take a right on Port Industrial Rd. until you get to the lot.  Has anyone recently followed this route to the express lot and had success?  The route takes you a back way and I just don't want to reach a checkpoint and be told to back the other way.  Thanks!

On 2/11/2023 at 1:26 PM, Tiger100 said:

I have a parking reservation for the express lot an the directions say to turn on 37th St. then take a right on Port Industrial Rd. until you get to the lot.  Has anyone recently followed this route to the express lot and had success?  The route takes you a back way and I just don't want to reach a checkpoint and be told to back the other way.  Thanks!

I hope someone that actually took that route chimes in because when we went the week of 1/8 we tried to go down the Port Industrial Rd and before we could get to the Express lot entrance it seemed the road made us turn right back onto Harborside and we had to make a U turn and go back down to the normal entrance.  Of course the traffic was terribly backed up and the left turn light wasn't that long.  I'm looking for an alternate route to the entrance of the Express lot as well.  Looking at the Google maps satellite view is helpful.  Let's see if we have anyone who has found an alternative.

• 3 months later...

We used the Galveston Express Lot on our June 3rd sailing. Use the instructions that are emailed and not GPS instructions. Email said to turn onto 37th St. My GPS said to turn onto 33th St. A policeman was at 33rd St and not allowing anyone to turn there. I had to turn around and go back to 37th St.

Also, do not forget to have your QR code yo be scanned at the reader.

18 hours ago, kandmsdad said:

We used the Galveston Express Lot on our June 3rd sailing. Use the instructions that are emailed and not GPS instructions. Email said to turn onto 37th St. My GPS said to turn onto 33th St. A policeman was at 33rd St and not allowing anyone to turn there. I had to turn around and go back to 37th St.

Also, do not forget to have your QR code yo be scanned at the reader.

If your sailing Royal come in on I45 straight on to Broadway continue to 14th street and turn left , you will see ship , cross Harborside  straight into terminal . Do not follow directions on causeway bridge , keep going straight until 14th.  

• Like 1